Part 30- I'll See You Soon

Song for this chapter: To Build A Home- The Cinematic Orchestra.
Michael's POV:
I pulled my shirt over my head, running my fingers through my hair.
I hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep since Elsie left. I spent most nights awake in my bunk writing in my lyric book.
But tonight I was especially restless. I slid quietly out of my bunk, and grabbed a beer, and crept out of the bus, careful not to wake anyone. I laid down, right there on the hard pavement of the parking lot where the bus was parked. Popping open the beer, I found myself thinking of Elsie. Remembering times from the summer. Our summer.

I noticed Elsie shiver and rub her arms, so I took my sweatshirt off and handed it to her.
"Here." I said, and she shook her head.
"No, it's okay. You use it." She replied.
"Elsie, take it." I insisted. She sighed but smiled, and took it.
"Thanks, Mikey." I felt a smile come to my face as she said my nickname.
"So, how long have you guys been in a band?" She asked scooting a little ways from the bonfire so we could talk without interrupting the others.
"Since 2011. I dropped out of high school to do it." I said.
"Wow. So you're future was really dependent on this. So the One Direction tour is probably great for you guys." She said.
"Yeah," I replied, "we're going from playing covers on YouTube to traveling around the world with one of the most popular bands ever."

"Hey," I said, lifting her chin with my thumb and forefinger, "you have me." She looked up at me and I realized that when I first thought her eyes were brown, they actually had little flecks of green, and they were beautiful. I looked down at her lips and then back at her eyes again and leaned forward. She closed her eyes and let me kiss her lips gently. I closed mine and put one hand on her cheek and the other on her waist. I pulled back and leaned my forehead against hers.
"You have me." I whispered again.

"Els." I said again, pulling her to look at me.
"What?" She asked, looking up at me. Her eyes were a little wider then normal and she wasn't acting like she normally did. I put my hands on her waist and pulled her towards me.
"Tell me. Tell me what you feel right now. How it feels to be this close to me. Tell me this means something to you." I whispered to her, the pleading evident in my voice.
"Kiss me."

"So what you're saying, is that you've ignored every piece of advice I've given you, and you've ignored your friends and the girl you're crazy about for 48 hours to write said girl a song?" Ashton asked as we walked into the recording studio, turning lights on as we made our way to the booth.
"Basically, yeah." I said, plainly.
"That's God damned romantic."

By now the beer was gone, and I was just watching the stars and the moon, thinking about how much my life had changed since I met Elsie. Everything that happened to us, good and bad.

"Thank you." I said, looking at her.
"For what?" She asked, looking up at me cutely.
"For giving me a chance." I said, feeling my cheeks turn slightly pink, and I cursed my pale skin. Surely she could tell.
"I'll always give you a chance, Mikey. Always.

"Michael, what are you-" I cut her off, shaking my head. I closed his eyes for a second, and then the words came tumbling out.
"When I was little, I would see my parents kissing and hugging, and I would say ew, and cooties and sh*t like that, the stuff little kids say. Well my mom would always say, "Michael, you'll understand when you're older." And before I met you, I thought I did. I thought I understood why people kissed and had relationships. Because they like each other and are attracted to each other. But I was wrong. Now I really understand it. Because when you find somebody, who makes you smile everyday, and someone who you can picture being with for the long haul, you don't want to do anything but be with them. You thank God for letting the two of you meet. I know it's cheesy. You probably are wanting to laugh at me right now, but I love you, Elsie. I love you a h*ll of a lot more then I've ever loved someone else. So please, can we please just give this another chance. I'm nothing without you by my side, Elsie."
"Oh, Michael." She whispered, tears falling down her cheeks.
"I love you, too."

I turned around and saw her mother preoccupied in the dining room so I took the opportunity to sneak a kiss to Elsie's cheek.
"You look beautiful."
Her pale cheeks turned a slight pink and she smiled at the soap in the sink.
"Thank you, Michael."
"I love you." I said quietly, seeing her mum walk in.
"I love you, too." She whispered.

I quietly made my way back into the bus, walking blindly until I got to my bunk. I climbed back in, and grabbed my wallet from the mess of blankets. Opening the small coin pocket, and pulled out the small ring. I rolled it around in my fingers a few times, before sliding it back into my wallet.
"I'll see you soon, Els." I whispered, silently wishing she was next to me.
"I love you."

*
Hey, guys. Sorry it's taken so long to update. But honestly, I love you all, and NWY has gotten so much bigger than I ever expected.

Comment below and tell me your favorite part of the story so far, I love seeing what you guys say.

Love you all,
ci xx