Part 37- It's Okay

Part 37- It's Okay
Song for this chapter- The Only Reason- 5 Seconds of Summer.
Michael's POV:
Elsie was sitting in a new bunk, alone, not doing anything. Ever since yesterday afternoon she hasn't said a word to me or the boys.
"Please go talk to her. She hasn't even eaten." Calum urged me, pushing me towards the bunks.
I nodded, assuring Cal, and myself, that I could do this. She was mine, for God's sake. I loved her, and I'd hurt her. I had to fix this.
I walked back towards her bunk, her small body came into view. She was in one of my ratty t-shirts, and a pair of shorts, her headphones in her ears.
I came forward and pulled them from her head, slowly, but she still didn't look at me.
"Let me see it." I whispered, reaching for her hand. The same one I'd squeezed yesterday.
She didn't protest as I lifted it from her lap, and I felt my heart shatter at the sight of the bruise. If I wrapped my hand around her wrist, there was five smaller bruises where my fingers were.
"I'm so sorry, Elsie. I- I know no matter what I say, it won't make it better, but, I'm so sorry."
She finally looked at me, tears tracing her brown eyes.
"It's okay. I know it shouldn't be, but it is. I'm okay." Her voice was strong, like she'd been practicing those few words all day.
I got up and sat on the edge of the bunk, pulling her closer to me.
"I love you, so much. I'm so sorry."
"I know."
I scooted back so my back was against the wall of the bunk and Elsie laid down with her head in my lap.
I traced my fingers through her hair, watching as her eyes closed, exhaustion taking over.
"Don't talk, let me think it over. How we going to fix this? How are we gonna undo all the pain?"
I sang quietly, and Elsie took my hand, lacing her fingers in it.
"Tell me, is it even worth it? Looking for a straight line, taking back the time we can't replace."
***
Sorry it's so short, guys. Just a sort of filler until I can really sit down and type out a good chapter.
But 10.2K reads!?!? Thank you all so much. This has gotten way bigger than I ever thought. Thanks so much.
-Ci