Part 23- Just Us

Part 23- Just Us.
Song for this chapter- Just One Yesterday- Fall Out Boy
Elsie's POV:
I opened the door of my mom's bedroom, watching her as she typed away on her laptop, the keys clicking.
"Hey, mom." I said, leaning against the doorframe.
"Yes, dear." She answered, not looking up from her computer.
"I'm going on tour with Michael and his band, and I'd like you to meet him." I didn't quite know how to say it, but the words just tumbled out of my mouth.
Her fingers stopped clicking the keyboard and she raised her head slightly.
"Excuse me?" She asked.
"Michael asked me to go on tour with his band. They're going around the world, mom. That's been my dream, to see everything." I said, taking another step into her room.
"This is the same boy I told you to break up with?" She asked.
"Yeah." I spoke, my voice cracking.
I heard her sigh, and she stood up, turning around to face me. I got ready, I knew she would fight me, find all the reasons why I couldn't go, but I would. One way or another.
"I told you to stay away from him for a reason."
"Why? Because you read in one of your tabloids that musicians are notorious for breaking hearts? Because that's not him." I said, defending the boy I loved.
"You live in some twisted world where this boy could do no wrong, and where you think everything has a happy ending. But it doesn't. It never has, and it never will. You're not going. That's the end of it."
"No it's not. I'm 18, which means I'm legally able to do what I want to. You can't control my life anymore. I'm leaving, with or without your permission."
I turned on my heel and walked out of her room, grabbing my phone and storming outside. I got into my car and drove the short distance to the hotel Michael was staying at. Running into the lobby and getting into the elevator, I dialed his number on my phone.
"Hey, babe." He said.
"Are you at your hotel?" I asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"I got in a fight with my mom. I'm coming up."
"Okay, I love you." I could practically hear the smile on his face.
"I love you, too."
The elevator ride up to the 12th floor was painfully slow, but I finally found myself knocking on Michael's room.
"Hey." His voice was deep, like he'd just woken up. I smiled at him and walked forward, wrapping my arms around his bare waist, hugging him.
"So, how'd it go?" He asked, shutting the door.
"Just like I thought. She didn't even listen to anything I had to say. But I told her you wanted to meet them."
"Good. I at least want to meet your dad. I'm starting to think your mom may not like me." He teased. I laughed, shaking my head.
"What's so funny?" He asked, looking back at me.
"Nothing, just us."
**
Sorry it's so late, but wow! 1.7K reads!! That's crazy. I honestly love you all so much. Thanks for reading.
Stay golden.
-Ci, x.