Part 36- Just Leave Me Alone

Song for this chapter- If It Means A Lot To You- A Day To Remember
Elsie's POV:
I sighed, pulling my legs up against my chest, hugging them as I looked out the window of the tour bus. Fiddling with Michael's necklace around my neck, I leaned my back against the sofa.
The boys and I had just gotten back from the venue, but there were girls outside the bus, asking for autographs and pictures. The boys obviously didn't decline, but I went ahead and hopped in the bus, tired out from the long day.
Ashton was signing a young girl's 5sos t-shirt and Calum was holding a girl's phone as they took a picture. Luke was walking around, giving hugs to crying girls, and then my gaze fell on Michael.
He was talking to a girl- one a lot prettier than me, I noticed- and I saw her gesture to her phone, seeming to want a picture. Michael nodded, leaning down next to her. As she was about to take the picture, he leaned over and kissed her cheek.
I felt a tug in my stomach, and jealous flared up inside me.
I walked away from the window, grabbing my headphones and going to the lounge area. I shut the door, turned the lights down, and plugged my headphones in, pressing shuffle.
My breathing came out ragged into the pillow, and I hated myself for getting this jealous. I thought back to the concert today, and remembered a similar incident.
Michael was singing to Good Girls Are Bad Girls, the crowd screaming along with him. He finished the beginning, and I watched from the side of the stage, pulling on the loose strands hanging from my jean shorts. He looked over the crowd, and I watched as he smirked and winked at a girl, whose top seemed too small, her breasts falling out of it.
I sighed, sitting up, grabbing the xbox controller from next to me. I turned it on, Call of Duty loading up.
"And hey darling, I hope you're good tonight. And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving. Yeah, I want it but no, I don't need it. Tell me something sweet to get me by, 'cause I can't come back home till they're singing."
I pushed my hair out of my face, the curls falling down the back of Michael's black tank top. I didn't pay attention to anything, my fingers going across the controller, my mind on the lyrics coming from my headphones.
"If you can wait till I get home, then I swear to you that we can make this last. If you can wait till I get home, then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past. Well it might be for the best."
I thought I heard the door to the bus open and then close, bus I ignored it, crossing my legs in front of me. My bare feet sunk into the cushions of the seat, and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.
The door to the lounge opened up, and Calum and Michael walked in. Michael frowned slightly when he saw me, but Calum didn't seem to notice.
"Where'd you go, Els?" Calum asked, smiling as he pulled out on of my head.
"I just didn't want to wait around out there." I said, not taking my eyes off the game.
"You want to play a round with me?" Michael asked, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.
"No, not really."
A minute passed before Michael stepped forward, walking towards me.
"Cal, you want to give us a minute alone, please, mate?" Cal nodded, squeezing my knee as he left, the door clicking shut behind him.
Michael grabbed the game controller from my hand and pressed the pause button.
"Do you mind?" I asked, not hiding the annoyance in my voice.
"What's the matter?"
"Nothing." I said, pulling at the bracelet around my wrist.
"Els, tell me." Michael's hand went down to take mine but I stood up, avoiding it.
"I don't know, maybe it's just because of the way you've been acting with other girls lately."
"Other girls? What are you talking about?" His eyes brows squinted, confusion written on his face.
"You kissed that pretty girl's cheek out there, and you were winking at the girl in the crowd. And yesterday that waitress totally had the hots for you and you were flirting with her." I somehow felt silly, pointing all these things, but I had to get it off my chest.
"What.." he paused for a moment before realization hit him, "you think I'm flirting with them? Elsie you know I wouldn't do that." He went for my hand again, but I stepped back, the wall meeting my spine.
"And if I was kissing other guys' cheeks and winking at them, you would notice, wouldn't you?" I asked, changing his perspective.
"That's different.." He said, shaking his head.
"How?"
"Wait, are you- are you jealous?" He asked, a hint of amusement in his eyes.
"Michael! That's not the point!" I turned around, crossing my arms.
"Baby, come here." I felt his arms around my waist pulling me into him.
"No." I turned around his face right above mine, his lips ghosting over my own.
"Elsie, stop." He pressed his lips gently against mine, but I didn't kiss him back. He moved to my bottom lip, urging it to move.
"Els," he sighed, grabbing my hand.
"She was prettier than me. That's why you kissed her." I slid out from behind him, moving away.
"What?! No, Elsie, you're the only one. You know that!"
"I don't know what I know, Michael!" I screamed, my voice ripping through the silent bus. Michael stood there looking at me, his voice betraying him as it broke.
"I love you."
I nodded, turning around, walking towards the door. Michael grabbed my wrist, is larger hand wrapping around it tightly.
"Elsie, stop." I pulled at my hand, but he held it tighter.
"Michael," I pulled again, my wrist hurting.
"Please, just talk to me."
"Michael, let go." His hand was gripping my wrist too tightly, and I knew there would be a bruise there.
"Why won't you listen to me?" His voice held desperation, but I had to go. I had to get a moment for myself.
"You're hurting me!" I cried, finally pulling my hand free from his grip. I looked up at him tears in my eyes.
"Elsie,"
"No! Just leave me alone. Please." He looked at me, his eyes clouding.
"Go." It came out just above a whisper, but his head fell as he walked out the door. I walked behind him and closed it, the tears falling freely now.
Something inside me snapped, and I leaned against the door, sliding down it slowly.
I could barely hear the music still playing from the headphones laying on the couch. The tempo picking up.
"If you can wait till I get home, then I swear to you that we can make this last. If you can wait till I get home, then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past. Well it might be for the best."