Part 21- Nothing Without You

Song for this chapter- Hello My Old Heart- The Oh Hello's.
Elsie's POV:
I slid the folded piece of paper back in my desk drawer. After I got it when Lily and I left Australia, I reread it every night before I'd go to sleep.
I'd remind me of him. And I'd dream of him. Of his eyes. Green, and shining bright in the moonlight. His smile, as he spoke words of love to me. His hands, how nice they felt, holding mine. His voice, comforting me into sleep.
And then I'd wake up to the coldness of my bed. And look outside and see that the ocean was replaced with fields.
I missed Australia and Dez almost as much as I missed him.
"What's this?" My mom asked me one night as I sat in the living room. She held my necklace, still wrapped around my neck, in her hand.
"Just something I got in Australia." I said.
"Well it's hideous and dirty. Why would you waste money on something like that?"
The words cut deeper then she intended.
I looked out my window, noticing the stars weren't as visible here as they were in Australia.
*Flashback*
"The cool thing about the constellations," Michael explained as we lay in the sand, staring at the stars, "is that no matter where you are, they're always there. Even if you can't see them."
I smiled as I looked at him. He had his arm behind my head, and our hands were intertwined.
"And the stars I see on tour, will be the same stars you see in Chicago."
*End of Flashback*
I pulled Michael's old sweatshirt over my head, being greeted by the familiar smell of it. It smelled like campfires, and the beach, and Michael. I hadn't worn it since I'd been home, afraid of what the memories would bring me.
A knock came from my door and I reluctantly stood from my bed, setting my book on the blankets an taking off my glasses.
"Yeah?" I asked, seeing my mom on the other side of the door.
"Your father and I are going out to dinner with some coworkers. There's leftovers in the fridge. We won't be home for a while, the invited us to their house for wine afterwards." She said.
"Okay, love you. Have fun." I shut the door, not wanting to talk to anyone, really.
The shorts I was in weren't keeping me very warm, so I changed into some leggings.
Putting my glasses back on I slide into bed, picking up where I left off in my book. The Perks of Being A Wallflower. I'd read it before, but it was one of my favorites.
I looked down at the highlighted paragraph and felt tears prick my eyes as I read over it.
"And this kid Mark at the party who gave me this came out of nowhere and looked at the sky and told me to see the stars. So, I looked up, and we were in this giant dome like a glass snowball, and Mark said the amazing white stars were really only holes in the black glass of the dome and when you went to heaven, the glass broke away, and there was nothing but a sheet if star white, which is brighter than anything but doesn't hurt your eyes."
I wiped my tears away before the could stain the pages, and set my book aside.
Climbing out of bed I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to make some tea.
Just as I was getting a mug out, I heard the doorbell ring.
It's probably just Lily, I thought. I walked to the door, and opened it.
Nothing could prepare me for who was standing at the other side.
"Michael, what are you-" he cut me off, shaking his head. He closed his eyes for a second, and then the words came tumbling out.
"When I was little, I would see my parents kissing and hugging, and I would say ew, and cooties and sh*t like that, the stuff little kids say. Well my mom would always say, "Michael, you'll understand when you're older." And before I met you, I thought I did. I thought I understood why people kissed and had relationships. Because they like each other and are attracted to each other. But I was wrong. Now I really understand it. Because when you find somebody, who makes you smile everyday, and someone who you can picture being with for the long haul, you don't want to do anything but be with them. You thank God for letting the two of you meet. I know it's cheesy. You probably are wanting to laugh at me right now, but I love you, Elsie. I love you a h*ll of a lot more then I've ever loved someone else. So please, can we please just give this another chance. I'm nothing without you by my side, Elsie."
"Oh, Michael." I whispered, tears falling down my cheeks.
"I love you, too."
**
Two updates in one night? Hope you guys like it.
xx