Chapter 44 : Draco

Draco

I’m still in love with you.

I had been so hurt thinking that Eriel had left me that I pushed her out of my mind. I went to the next girl that had looked at me the same way. I love Hanna. I really do, but I couldn’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if Eriel hadn’t been kidnapped. It’s still kind of hard to fathom how my aunt could do that to me. All the emotions for her had swept back into my heart, and I don’t know if there’s room for both her and Hanna there.

On one hand, Hanna wouldn’t be totally crushed if I let her go. Simon is there and the last time that I had seen them together she seemed happy, happier than she could ever be with me. I mean, I have to be away from her, not protecting her, through the whole war. I had a feeling that she didn’t even know if she really loved me or not. She seemed like she never really knew what to do with it, her love. She would always run back to Robbie, before she met me that is, but she seems to be a little lost. When I saw her with Simon, however, she seemed grounded.

Eriel was my first love. Was she really meant to be my last love?

Hanna was my second love. Was she really meant to be my last love?

“Hey, mate,” Blaise said from behind me.

I about jumped a foot in the air. I had been pacing in my room. I was also sweating because I was slightly nervous. I was too young to be deciding whether I was in love or not…but I had a feeling that I was meant to be with one of them. I just didn’t know which.

“Hey,” I said, looking up from the floor and at my best mate.

“So, E’s back is she? Where did she disappear off to?” Blaise asked, noticing that I was so nervous. “Are you still in love with her?”

Do you still believe in true love?

I shrugged. “I think so.”

“What about Hanna? I thought that you were in love with her,” he paused,” but I also thought that you were in love with E last year as well. That is until she proved to be a bitch and ran off. I thought she was better than that.”

I shook my head. “It wasn’t like that. She was kidnapped, Blaise.”

“Oh, is that the little story that she came up with?”

“Blaise, she was kidnapped by Bellatrix. She was held hostage in my own basement for Merlin’s sake!” I yelled, getting angry and not at Blaise. “She took away the best thing that had ever happened to me and made me believe that I was the bad guy, and all for You-Know-Who as well.”

“What are you-“

“He needed me broken so I would go through with his bidding. He had to make sure that I had nothing to live for. Why do you think my dad turned to drink and my mum just distanced herself away from me? Huh, Blaise? It makes perfect sense!”

He shook his head. “How do you even-“

“Know? How do I know, right?” I said, getting in his face. “I went straight to Bellatrix this morning, and she told me everything. Eriel is just a last minute replacement on Astoria, who just ran off in the dead of night. Good thing she’s not branded or her ass would be toast right about now.”

Blaise blinked at me as I backed from him and rubbed my face with the palm of my hands. “I’m sorry, man. I didn’t know any of this was going on. I couldn’t imagine what’s going through your head right now.”

I sighed and pulled my hands down. “You don’t want to know what’s going through my mind right now. I don’t know who I love. I don’t know what is real in my life. For all I know, my life is just some cruel dream that I’m going to wake up from any day now.”