Chapter 34 : Hanna

Hanna

I opened my eyes slightly to see Draco’s face above mine. The last thing that I could remember was that awful man taking me and running from the castle. Then everything went black. I wondered where I was, but I at least Draco was nearby.

“Your life for hers,” came a voice.

I looked over to my other side to see him, You-Know-Who, in the flesh. Why was he propositioning Draco with my life? He couldn’t just give me up like that so he could take the brunt of anything that he was thinking. I couldn’t let him sacrifice his life for me.

“You can have my life,” Draco said, “but you have to let her go.”

“No, Draco,” I murmured. “Don’t do it. You can’t sacrifice my life for yours…” I was so weak; my voice came out like a whisper.

“Yes, Draco. Do what the girl says. Don’t sacrifice your life for her. She’ll just become my bride is all,” he smirked.

Draco shook his head. “I can’t let that happen to you,” he said to me. “I’ll do whatever you want. I’m sorry for running off. I just needed to think.”

“Yes, I know. I know everything,” he smirked again. “I know that you are afraid that you are falling in love with another girl, a girl that I have picked out for you. Astoria seems to be feeling the same about you. She wanted you oh so much, but now she’s afraid that it’s growing into the real thing. She doesn’t think she should love someone like you, someone so much the same as she is.”

“Draco?” I asked, wanting to know if it was real. That he really was falling in love with this Astoria girl.

He didn’t deny any of it. “I’m confused is all, my lord. Will you please let her go?”

He nodded. “I will let her go,” he looked down at me. “I’ll let her go down into the basement with the other prisoners. Who knows? Maybe I’ll need her to persuade you again.” He chuckled. “or not. With the way things are looking, I may need a new means of persuasion.”

With that said, a random deatheater carried me down to the basement. It was dark and cold. I didn’t think anyone else was there until I heard a faint breathing. The sound of footsteps echoed through the silence as s a figure made its way over to me.

“So, what are you in for?”