Chapter 41 : Hanna

Hanna

I looked over at Simon, who I was so happy to see. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to see that Draco was the one behind me getting out of there, but he also didn’t seem that happy to see me. Simon was the only one to go down into the basement and see Eriel there as well. I told Draco that there was another girl down there, but he said not to worry about her. I trust Draco, but as I looked into Simon’s eyes, I wondered if I really should trust him. Draco that is.

“Where should we go?” Simon asked with a huge smile on his face. “We can’t go back to the house.”

I raised an eyebrow up at him. “We have to go back. Mom can’t be left there alone after we’ve done this. They’ll go after her for sure, Simon.”

He nodded. “But then where will we go?”

“You don’t have to go anywhere if you don’t want to,” I said, smiling up at him. “You’ve done more than enough for my mum and me. It’s really not your problem.”

He laughed and put his arms around me, his safe and comforting arms. “On contrary, it is my problem. Hanna, I’m in love with you. If you have a problem, I have a problem. I know that you are still trying to figure things out, but I know how I feel.”

I looked him in the eyes, those beautiful eyes. “Thank you, Simon.” And I kissed him on the cheek. “Right now, we have to get to mum before they notice that I’m gone.”

He grabbed my hand and apparated us right into the living room where mum was sitting. She screamed bloody murder, but when she realized who it was, she sprang up off the sofa and pulled me into her arms screaming thank you to Simon. I hugged her back just as tight. I might have only been in that basement for one night, but it was enough to make me appreciate what I had in life. I smiled at Simon as he smiled at my mum and I. Perhaps I underappreciated Simon just a little.

“Mum,” I said, pulling away at arm’s length. “We have to leave now. Grab only what you need, okay?”

“Why?” she asked, glancing from Simon to me. “What’s going on?”

I squeezed her hand. “I was kidnapped, and Simon saved me. We have to leave because they’ll be after both of us when they realize that we’re gone. So, go on.”

She nodded and hurried to her bedroom. I shrugged at Simon and headed for my own room where I grabbed a book bag and shoved in clothes. I stopped when I realized that Simon was standing in the doorway, watching me rush around.

“Aren’t you going to get your stuff?” I asked, slowly approaching him.

“I already have my stuff put together in the foyer. I had everything planed out,” he said, his eyes shining is complete happiness.

I couldn’t help but blush a bit as he stared at me in that way. He had done way too much for my mother and me. Saving me was just the cherry that was knocked off the top. He deserved something for going above and beyond the call of duty. It was all coming over me in that moment. He really did love me and he wasn’t just saying it.

“What are you thinking?” he asked as I kept approaching in, slowly.

I shrugged but kept walking. “You. How you saved my mother from herself. How you came after me and saved me from Vol- You-Know-You. How you truly do,” I paused as I pressed myself against him, “love me.”

He wrapped his arms around me. “It’s about time you saw it.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck. “You are the best, Simon.”

And with that said, I pulled him into a tight hug. He deserved more, but I couldn’t yank him around by his emotions. It wouldn’t be fair to him, and it wouldn’t be fair to Draco. I know that Draco kissed that Astoria girl, but it was over between them. The kiss proved that they weren’t right for each other, which meant that he could easily still love me. I couldn’t jeopardize my luck anymore. I can’t let Draco go. He was my first love, and my only love.

“Alright,” I pulled away from him. “The Burrow. We’re going to the Burrow.”