Chapter 24 : Bella

Bella

Just a few short months later…

Hanna’s obsession with Draco was getting worse. They hadn’t spoken in about four months, which was just going to her head. She was totally convinced that they were meant to be and regrets saying the complete opposite when she was angry with him the last time that they spoke. I’m getting sick of it. She’s been receiving letters from Simon and won’t even reply to him! That boy has got it bad for her, and she just needs to move on. End of story.

“Hanna,” I said, catching her attention from starring out the window of our dorm room. She had been majorly depressed for about three weeks now, refusing to get out of the room. It was heart breaking. I just wish I knew what exactly happened to make her retreat like that. “What’s going on? You’re not yourself.”

She sighed. “I would be myself if I was with Draco, but he doesn’t want me, Bella. He won’t even look at me during classes. I really screwed up, and it’s all Simon’s fault!”

I looked at her oddly. “What? How is this Simon’s fault?” I was extremely confused.

“Well,” she said, turning towards me. “He told me that Draco and I weren’t meant to be, like he knows everything. He’s never even properly met Draco. Yeah, he saw him running from his house before dashing back to it after he had seen us together, but that meant nothing. Secondly, he wrote me a letter.”

I nodded. “I know that he’s written you more than one letter.”

“But only one meant anything,” she said, crossing the room to her nightstand and opening the drawer and retrieved a folded up piece of parchment. “Here, take a look for yourself.”

Dear Hanna,

I know this might come as a bit of a shock to you, so I’ll do this slowly. First of all, I commend you on not returning a single one of my letters. It really means a lot that you’re fully dedicated to the whole hating me thing. I’m sure it won’t last long. Secondly, you are the most stubborn girl that I’ve ever met. You refuse to write me back. You also refuse to believe that you don’t belong with that bloke that broke your heart. Just remember the snowflake. Yes, I know you tried to prove me wrong that day. Thirdly, I hate that you’re so beautiful that I can’t go a night without dreaming about you. I just look up at the stars from my window and think about that night we stayed outside in the snow until the wee hours of the morning. Your eyes were very beautiful with snowflakes sticking to them. They made me want to kiss them off of you, but I held back. I knew that it was too soon to make moves on you. It was probably too soon to kiss you the day before you left for school, but I didn’t know when I would get another chance. You mother keeps telling me that you’ll do the right thing and come back to me. Whenever that will be. Just know that I’ll always be here waiting for you because, here’s your shocker, I think I’m in love with you. I know we only spent those two weeks together, but they were the best two weeks of my life. I hope you see soon that we belong together. You and I, Hanna. Not you and Draco.

Love,

Simon

I looked up at her with my mouth open. He was in love with her? How could he have been so sure? I figured the letter had to be right after the she came back, but it was dated three weeks ago. That’s why she fell into that state of depression because she thought that it was possible that she might love him back. Loving someone else other than Draco must seem like a crime to Hanna. It’s not right. She deserves to be happy. Simon can do that for her. He was right. They did belong together.

“Hanna, you belong with Simon,” I stated plainly.

She narrowed her eyes at me. “What are you talking about? I’m in love with Draco. Madly, head over heels in love with Draco Malfoy. You get that, Bella? I will never love anyone else for as long as I live.”

I shook my head. “You’re trying to hold on to something that will never last and that’ll only make you unhappy. Simon makes you happy. That’s why you’re so depressed, right? Because you’re afraid that you might be in love with him as well.”

“I…can’t be. It’s just not possible, okay?” she whispered and leaned her head back against the window. “It’s just not possible.”

I left her alone to think about what we had just talked about. The best friend also had some problems of her own. Her boyfriend was scheduled to get married in just a few short weeks. It was pathetic how much I wanted to kick the shit out of Pansy, but I couldn’t. She wasn’t interested in Blaise and didn’t want to go through with it as well. Believe it or not, she’s in love with Robbie. I never saw that one coming. I guess her plan backfired on her. Stupid Bitch.

“Hey, babe,” Blaise smiled at me and pulled me in for a kiss. “I need to warn you. Two days from now, Draco is about to do a bad thing. I need you to be prepared. Keep your wand on you at all times, and when it does happen, run as fast as you can to the room of requirement.”

I raised an eyebrow up at him. “What are you talking about?”

“You’ll know it when it happens. I love you so much,” his eyes actually looked fearful.

“I love you, too,” I said, and left it at that.