Chapter 6 : Robbie

Robbie

He had really hurt her. I didn’t believe it when I heard it the week before, but seeing it with my own eyes really made me see what an asshole Draco Malfoy really was. I couldn’t do anything about what he had done because I know that he could beat my ass if I tried to do anything. I was no match for him. I have no shame in admitting how weak I am.

“Robbie.”

I looked up to see Bella approaching me. She hadn’t really talked to me since I tried to get back with Hanna. It was a surprise to me that she was actually starting a conversation with me. I figured that she was angry with me for assuming that Hanna and I would get back together at the beginning of the year.

“Hey, Bell. What’s going on?” I asked, trying not to sound as surprised as I looked.

She sighed. “I’m sure you’ve heard about Hanna’s breakup.” When I nodded, she continued. “I think I know of a way to cheer her up, and it involves you.”

I closed my eyes and leaned back up against the wall. I had a feeling that I knew where that was going. It had only been a week since he broke things off with her. It might have been too early for her. It was definitely too early for me. I had recently gotten my heart broken as well, by a girl who doesn’t want to start things because of popularity. I thought that she felt the same way, but Pansy must really be in love with Draco if she’s turning me down.

“If you asked her out, perhaps to Slughorn’s Christmas Party, I’m sure that she’ll feel better in-“

“No,” I interrupted her. “I can’t do that.”

“What? Why?!” she whined, stomping her foot on the ground. “I don’t see why not.”

I looked away from her and down at my feet. “It wouldn’t be fair to her or me. She just got out of a relationship, and I will not lead her on when it comes to this. I might as her as friends though, just to make sure she’s not alone.”

She nodded. “I’m sure that will work, but, Robbie, how is it not fair to her? Are you telling me that you’re in love with someone else?”

“It doesn’t matter anyway,” I said, starting down the hall. “She obviously doesn’t feel the same way, so I’ll just wallow in my own pain for a little while. Thanks for bringing it up though, Bells,” I turned to her as I said that sarcastic remark. “You’re the best.”

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled and looked at her feet.

I rolled my eyes and began to walk away again, but she called for me. I wasn’t going to stop and listen to what she had to say, but she called for me a second time. So, I turned and watched as she clicked her way over to me. I had always hated her boots. They made way too much damn noise.

“What is it now?” I asked, a little irritated.

“Well, it’s about Gregory,” she sighed. “Is he still with Lavender?”

I shrugged. “How should I know? Am I supposed to keep tabs on him at all times? I haven’t talked to Greg properly for a long time. I’ve seen him around, but he’s been keeping his distance from me. I have no idea why, but he has been.”

She nodded. “Okay. Thanks anyway.”

“Wait,” I said, getting her attention. “Aren’t you with that Blaise guy?”

She didn’t answer me, just glared at me before turning and clicking away. Gosh did I hate those boots. If I could burn them, I would. I then heard a different clicking coming from behind me. I turned to see Pansy in her heels. She looked beautiful, really beautiful, as she always did. I smiled, but she didn’t return it.

“Hey,” she said, then smiling. “How have you been?”

I shrugged. “Same. What about you?”

“I’ve been alright,” she tucked a piece of her short, black hair behind her ear before she continued. “I know that you’ve heard about Draco breaking things off with Hanna, so I figured that this was really our opportunity to really drive it into their heads. So, I figured that we could go –“

“Wait,” I said, cutting her off, not really understanding what was going on. “You’re still trying to get back with Draco? What about that kiss?”

She looked straight up at me, narrowing her eyes. “What kiss?” she asked.

“You know what kiss. Our kiss, Pansy. The one that made me…” I trailed off and couldn’t finish my sentence. It was crazy to even think that last word. I didn’t even know her all that well to even be in… No, it wasn’t possible.

“It was just a kiss, Rob. Just a little kiss to prove our plan to Hanna and Draco, you know that, right?” she asked, her red lips parting in a smirk.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I closed the space between us and put my arms around her waist before my lips crashed down onto hers. Her arms went around my neck and deepened the kiss. I pushed her back against the wall, where she wrapped her legs around my waist. She wanted me as much as I wanted her. I could feel it in the way that her lips moved perfectly with my own. I smiled as I let her go and pulled away. She was breathless, just leaning up against the wall.

“Yeah, right. It was just a kiss,” I said before turning from her. “But if it makes you happy, I’ll go with you to the Christmas party,” I found myself saying. I knew that I shouldn’t have agreed, but I really did want to go to the party with her. “You can prove that you don’t have feelings for me there.”

“Thanks, Rob,” she called after me.

Rob. She had called me Rob. I loved it when she called me Rob. No one else had ever called me that. Everyone calls me Robbie, and my parents call me Robert if they’re angry at me, but that’s it. Rob was her name for me, the only name I wanted her to call me.