Chapter 36 : Simon

Simon

I had a feeling that Hanna falling in love with that Malfoy kid was bad news. Fiona and I had just gotten the news on June first about Hanna being kidnapped by the Deatheaters. She’s been a wreck since. I have too. Not only had the girl I was pretty sure I was in love with taken away, but the sky was looking a dangerous shade of grey. Something was brewing out there, and I wasn’t sure that I wanted Hanna in the midst of that mess when all hell broke loose.

“Simon,” Fiona said, reaching out for me. “Do you think they’ll give her back?”

I nodded and wrapped my arms lovingly around her. “Don’t worry, Fi. She’ll be just fine.”

I was going to be the one to make sure of it. She was probably being held captive in the Malfoy’s manor that was just in the same town. I just needed a plan to get her out, but how was I supposed to go about it? I was sure that I would find a way. My thoughts were then interrupted by a loud knocking on the door.

“I’ll get it,” I said to Fiona.

When I opened the door, I was not expecting Draco Malfoy to be standing on the other side. He looked awful; pale, thin, and dark circles under his eyes. I actually felt bad for him, standing there looking as if he was lost. Poor bloke, he probably was. He seemed to be under so much stress, but I couldn’t think of what it could possibly be from. He still seemed like the worst choice possible for Hanna.

“Draco?” I asked.

He nodded. “Simon, right?”

I nodded. “Is there something you need? If it’s Hanna, she’s not here.”

“I actually did come about Hanna because I know where she is,” he said seriously. “She’s being held captive in the basement of my house. I can’t get her out myself because I’ll be severely punished, and she will die. I need you to help me with that bit. She needs you to save her, Simon, as much as I hate to admit it.”

My heart skipped a beat inside my chest. Hanna needed me to save her, and the love of her life was telling me that? It didn’t make any sense to me. “What are you going on about exactly?”

He sighed. “Hanna. I know that she needs saved in more ways than one and you are the best person for the job. You’re perfect actually. I know that she can count on you when she can’t on me, which seems to be never. So, Simon, will you please do me – do her – this favor? I can leave the door unlocked tonight, and you can sneak in. The Dark Lord won’t be there tonight. He has something to attend to.”

The Dark Lord? You-Know-Who has been staying with the Malfoy’s just up the hill from us? That seemed…too dangerous, much like what he wanted me to do. If I went to the manor tonight, I would be risking my own life. I then mentally slapped myself for thinking something so selfish. Hanna’s life was already in danger, and from the looks of it, it was all Malfoy’s fault. As much as I wanted to just deck him a good one, I decided to agree to his terms. He had to care for Hanna somewhat, or he wouldn’t be telling me that I was perfect for Hanna.

“What time?” I asked.

He smiled a genuine smile. “Midnight.”