Thirty one

Ever since I was little I loved running away, which lead to me nearly being run over by a car, nearly being kidnapped and almost not being found. Relying on being found was something I strongly believed in considering who my parents were, not to mention having the best possible security. How I managed to escape? Weirdly enough I always thought of it as a game or new part of "Home alone", therefor I did things Kevin would, only since my security weren't nearly as dumb or naive as the bad guys in "Home alone", they would mostly never get injured. Of course, apart from the new trainees, they would be the ones in pain for most of the time. 

Anyways, back to the reason I'm even spending my time on this throwback. I used to run away, because I knew I could, but mostly - because I knew I would be found, I wanted to be found, to be chased. But this. This wasn't the case. The gorgeous girl with ice cold blue eyes named Eden Harper, my ex girlfriend was the first person that made me want to run away and not be found. But it didn't matter, I knew she would have no problem finding me especially since she knew where I was running to - my parents, that wasn't too hard to figure out. 

The thing is, I believe she won't even lift a finger to come after me, apologize, get me back. She no longer had a reason to, knowing well I had finally become aware of the lies surrounding me. 

"Preciosa?" Hanna's voice ringed in my ears, "are you okay?"

I didn't stop looking at the sea in front of me, my parents had made sure I got placed in the best hospital, the best room, treated by the best doctors, and, of course, Hanna would stay by my side. A month had now passed since I left. I knew what telling my parents would mean - it would mean facing it, fighting it, which was what I was originally scared of. But I had to do so, and so I did, using my anger against Eden as a motivation each day. It sucked - the never ending treatments, feeling like the pills are sucking the life out of you. But this was for the best, or at least that's what I kept telling myself. 

"I want to leave this damn place," I whispered to no one in particular, staring out the window. 

I heard Hanna's sigh, her picking up a chair and sitting next to me: "it's only been a month, give it a chance, Ru."

I turned to her, grabbing her hand in mine: "Hanna, please, let's just run away. Please. This is worse than dying, being stuck in here."

She rolled her eyes: "way to be over dramatic, preciosa. This is what you wanted, what you promised to your parents, remember?"

I chewed on my lip: "but this isn't living. This is merely surviving and I want more in life that this - being stuck in a damn hospital, treated like a thing not a proper person."

I accidentally bit on my lip too hard, starting to bleed. Hanna cursed under her breath, grabbing a tissue from my bed, holding it to the wound. 

"You've got to stop doing this, Ruby," she was angry, "this isn't good for you."

It was my turn to roll the eyes: "I only bit my lip, now you're the one being over dramatic."

She got up, throwing the tissue in my face. Okay, I underestimated her anger. 

"I'm talking about her, you're still thinking about her, feeling sorry for yourself. Well, guess what, Gold? You're fucking sick, as in - it's a damn miracle you're still alive and all you should be worrying about is your upcoming surgery. I'm here for you, your parents are here for you. So enlighten me, why the hell are you thinking about her out of all people? Stop being a fucking pussy, Ruby, stop pretending to be sulk story and get your crap together."

I looked at her with big eyes, not expecting such an out-burst. She put her hands on her hips, sighing. 

"We're all worried sick about you, yet all you do is stare out the damn window with that empty look in your eyes as if you'd rather be dead than fighting for your life, just because a girl broke your heart."

SHEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara