Sixteen

A bottle of Jack later, and multiple songs later, I had found out exactly nothing, apart from the fact that he was as good in drinking as I was and he was the worst singer ever. 

His eyes widened and he got up as soon as he heard the first notes of "stay with me".

He grabbed my arm, singing: "guess it's true I'm not good at a one night stand."

"Cmon," he pleaded me to join in, "but I still need love cause I'm just a man."

He dropped to his knees, putting his hand on his heart: "these nights never seem to go to plan."

He held out a hand: "I don't want you leave, will you hold my hand?" 

"Oh won't you staaaaay with me," he sang in the most off-voice I had ever heard, getting up slowly.

"cause you're all I need," I joined in, laughing and swaying to the music. 

Okay, so maybe the Jack was getting to us a little. 

"This ain't love, it's clear to see," he sang, making me laugh even more, when he slowly twerked in front of me. 

"But darling, stay with me," I spanked his ass.

Someone turned off the music and we both groaned.

"Come on!" 

"The hell is going on?" Eden asked, standing a few feet from us, her brows furrowed and glaring at us as if she was ready to kill someone.

"We're just dancing, can't you see, Ed?" Luke grinned, placing a hand around my shoulder.

I grinned proudly, knowing that he already let me in. 2 down, 2 to go. 

"Wanna join, Angel?" I offered, smiling at the girl who had just appeared behind Eden.

How long were they gone? Surely it took a while for us to finish the bottle. What were they doing alone?

She smiled back: "I'll pass." 

She'll be tougher to crack. 

Eden turned her head to Angel: "can you take that big idiot home?" 

"Do I have choice?" Angel smiled, "Come on, Miley, time to go."

"Hey, that's racism. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I can't be Beyonce or Nicki," he whined.

"See you soon, belle," he kissed my hand, following Angel out of the door who winked  at me. 

I smiled, turning to Eden, who was still giving me a death glare.

I rolled my eyes: "so what? I can't have fun now?" 

She sighed, going to the fridge and grabbing a water which she handed to me: "you need to sober up, the dinner is in 3 hours."

I grabbed the bottle, putting my other arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Why are you resisting it?" I asked, but she wouldn't look at me. 

"You're drunk, Ru," she replied.

She always had an excuse. 

"I guess even when I'm drunk undervalued," I stated, letting go of her. 

She grabbed my wrist: "what is this about, babe?" 

I raised my eyebrow: "you're doing it again."

She was once again turning the situation around, making it look like I was the problem. I guess that was after all how she dealt with problems, arguments.