Ten

I woke up, inhaling deeply when I shot up in the bed. 

"Babe?" Eden groaned, rubbing her eyes, and clapping, automatically turning on the lights, "are you.."

I didn't hear the last word, running to the toilet, supporting myself by putting my hands on the toilet seat and vomiting all that I had left in myself, which was pretty much nothing.

I felt Edens one arm grabbing my hair, just as it was about to fall in my face, and the other softly running against my back. 

After my body finally stopped trying to force any left liquid from my body, I collapsed on the ground. This was taking the best of me, leaving me with no strength.

"Here," Eden handed me a glass of water. 

I couldn't physically hold it with my hands, so she put it against my lips, tilting my head a little. I washed my mouth with it, spitting it back in the toilet. 

"Thanks," I said, my voice unrecognizable. 

Her eyes were full of concern as she looked at me. 

"Baby, you should go to the doctor," she softly said.

I smiled, and it probably looked very weak, but hey, at least I tried: "I'm okay, it'll pass."

"Right, I'm taking you to bed," she dropped the subject, "can you walk?" 

I tried getting up but failed miserably, Eden catching me.

She cracked a sympathetic smile, " I'll take that as a no."

Then she placed my arm around her neck: "hold on," she said, picking me up. 

I smiled. My girl wasn't only the most beautiful person on the earth, but also strong one as well. 

But it still made questions appear in my head. Sadly, it only proved even more that she might have something to do with gang "Quietus".

She slowly put me down on the bed, putting the blanket over me. 

"You're burning up," she said, after she had kissed my forehead.

I hummed in response, but too late because she was already walking away. my eyelids closing.

And so I fell asleep.

///

When I opened my eyes I felt relief pass through me as I realized the headache, dizziness was gone, as well as the sickening need to throw up anything.

The delicious smell of waffles made it's way to my nose and I finally felt alive, because the smell made my mouth water. I hadn't had the desire to eat for days now and to have it back was quite refreshing. 

I smiled, getting up from the bed and fixing my hair in a quick up-do. 

"You do realize how much I appreciate you, right?" I said, walking in the kitchen, sincerity clear in my voice.

"I'll take a note of that, princess."

That wasn't Edens voice, it was my dads and as soon as I saw him, I ran to him, tears in my eyes.

"Daddy!" I squealed in pure joy. 

"I'm here, beautiful," he was as happy as me, "missed me?"

He put me down, smiling and looking at me. 

"More than anything," I grinned. 

"What? More than your momma?" my mom laughed, looking at the both of us from the kitchen doorway.