Three

The frisky air made goosebumps appear on my arms while I was waiting for Kevins car to pull up to my house. He was picking me up for school. At least he was supposed to, but considering he was 15 minutes late, he probably was still in bed, trying to sleep off his hangover. 

"Love you too!" I heard Edens voice before I saw her. 

Turning around, I saw her exiting the house, laughing to herself, before she laid her eyes on me, the smile nearly fading, but still there. 

"Morning, neighbor!" I shouted, my smile never leaving.

She nodded, going to the garage, little after riding out on her matte black motorcycle. Are you for real? Could she get any more badass?

"Need a ride, Gold?" she asked, already handing me the spare helmet. The fact that she didn't ask questions as to why I was just standing out here was appreciated.

"Gold? Since when are we on surname basis?" I chuckled, putting the helmet on. 

"Since you sneaked out while I was asleep last night," I couldn't see her lips, because of the helmet, but I was pretty sure she was smirking. 

No, nothing happened last night. We just hung out, ate cookies and watched OITNB new episode. Somewhere near the end, she fell asleep on my lap and I knew it would be weird if I stayed here while she was asleep.

"Didn't want your mom to get any ideas," I said, sitting on the motorcycle and putting my arms around her, ready to go. 

"Normally, you don't spend hours making out with a person and then leave them alone the minute their eyes close," you could tell she wasn't that pleased with my actions, but she still kept her positive attitude. 

I didn't want to call it that way. We were just two friends hanging out. Nothing more or less. And it probably happened just because of the wine.

I guess she realized she won't be getting an answer from me as she started speeding down the street. The school wasn't far at all. Pretty much a 10 minute drive, but with the speed we had been driving, we were here 4 minutes earlier. 

I hopped off the bike, taking the helmet off and handing it to Eden. 

"Thanks, Harper," I smiled at her as she got off as well. 

Should I wait for her? Or go alone? I stood there uncomfortably. I was never like this. 

"Want me to walk you to the locker?" she asked, laughing at my sudden awkwardness.

"Sure," I gave her another smile. 

We headed to the lockers and it turned out that ours were next to each other. How ironic. 

"So.." she started, looking at me, "want me to drive you back after school?"

Considering I was quite mad and disappointed in Kevin at the minute, it sounded like a great offer. Besides we did live right next to each other too. But I had practice.

"I appreciate the offer, but I have cheer practice after the lessons."

"If you'd like, I could watch your cheer practice and then you wouldn't have to walk home," she offered. 

I liked how she always offered me a choice, even if she knew I'd say yes. No one had done that for me before. 

"That would be great," I said as we headed to the classes, but before we could enter the class, she suddenly turned around, standing close to me, leaning in. 

Once again my heart went wild, which it did every single time she got this close. I knew we couldn't kiss, we were in the middle of school, but I still couldn't help but barely move closer. But my lips were left alone, as she went for my ear instead.