Nineteen

I stayed up in my room after Hanna had left, deciding I needed to spend the time my eyes were still open productively. 

I reached for my laptop, opening it, and starting to work. I believed Eden would eventually come around, so I decided not to give up on her or my mission about the Quietus. 

Weirdly enough in todays society, I had never looked up Eden on any social media and from what I found or more like lack of what I found, it turns out I never should of bothered to do so. It was as if she didn't exist. I searched for Blake next. Nothing.

Of course, it would be reckless for any of them to be out there. 

I sighed, more work for me to do. Normally I'd be excited, but the excitement was replaced with exhaustion.

The only person I could get something from was Blake, I had already found him on the FBI data base, as well as on Police reports, so there had to be more. I'd probably stumble upon something else if I looked deep enough.

Turns out I was wrong, there was nothing. 

"Great, just great," I mumbled to no one, running my hands across my face and pushing the laptop away.

"What's great?" Eden asked.

My head snapped upwards, my mouth opening.

"I.. Um.. Nothing. Yeah, just a bad movie," I smiled awkwardly, closing the laptop.

I waited for her to say something, anything, but she kept quiet.

"So.." I looked around, "what are you doing here?"

"Do you want to know the truth or the white lie?" she asked.

I laughed: "let's start with the truth."

She ran a hand through her hair: "ourparentstrickedmeintothehouseandlockedthedoorbehindmetellingmetostopbeingapussy."

I looked at her wide eyed. I had no clue what she had just said, but, damn, she did without inhaling. 

"Mind repeating that in a slower, more human way?" I raised an eyebrow.

She looked at me, squinting her eyes: "fine. Promise not to laugh?"

I bit my lip stopping myself from laughing: "promise."

"Our parents tricked me into the house and locked the door behind me, telling my to stop being a pussy," she wouldn't look at me.

I laughed quietly: "that sounds like something they would do."

"Well-"

"Besides they seem to have a point," I pointed out, smiling.

She rolled her eyes, a small smile on her lips. 

"And what's supposed to be the white lie?" I asked.

"That I came here because I wanted to see you," she was looking at me, waiting for me to react.

"We both know it's the truth, not a white lie," I smiled.

"There's a huge chance you're right," she smirked, "may I come in?" 

"Well it sounds like we're locked in here, so you might as well do that," I patted on the bed, next to me.

She came to the bed, sitting across of me. 

"How are you?" she asked, looking at me.

I put my arm around my left arm, where I had just given blood from, it was covered by my cardigan. 

I smiled: "I'm pretty good. And you?" 

"Better now," she said, making me furrow my brows.

"Where were you the last few days if you don't feel that great without me?" I asked straight up.