Two

After eating the delicious lasagna Edens mom had made for me I made a mental note to properly meet this woman and find out the recipe from her. 

I turned off the TV, heading upstairs to read a little before sleeping. Reading was a must-do thing for me everyday. I just couldn't go a day without getting lost in a book.

My phone buzzed from next to me, signaling I had gotten a text. 

Hey, it's Eden. Just wanted to make sure you had my number in case you needed it. How was the lasagna?

I smiled at the text, that was quite nice of her to do all these things for me. She was just being nice, right?

Appreciate it. Lasagna was mouth watering, I'll have to meet your mom to find out the recipe! (:

That was neutral enough, I suppose. It took less than a second for her to reply.

Wanna come over?

I stared at the text, not sure what to think. There wasn't really anything to overthink, though, since she was just being friendly towards me. My phone buzzed again.

She baked cookies. They're the best.

I didn't even need convincing in the first place, but this for sure made me more excited. 

If you insist. Be there in 2. (:

I quickly got up and checked if I looked somewhat decent. I had taken my make up off before eating, but since I was still confident with myself, I didn't bother putting any on again. I did change out of PJ's in leggings and hoodie though. Then I quickly made my way downstairs, putting on my shoes and making my way towards Edens house.

Before I could knock or ring the bell, she opened the door, flashing me a smile and looking me up and down. Was she checking me out? Must be my brain messing with me.

 "Hey again," I smiled at her.

"Hey," she wouldn't stop smiling, but she gestured me to come inside, "cookies are in the kitchen."

Their house was as huge as mine, which said a lot. It made me wonder if she also barely ever saw her parents and if her home always made her feel as lonely as mine did. After all, to own a house so big, means you needed to be rich, and from what I had learned in my life - to be wealthy, you had to sacrifice a lot as well. 

"You okay?" Eden asked, searching for something in my eyes. 

"Yeah, I was just checking out your house. It's really beautiful," I smiled at her.

"Thanks," she smiled back, deciding to drop the subject, which I was thankful for. 

My eyes found the cookies, right after the delicious smell hit my nose. I could tell my eyes lightened up just from that. 

"We can watch something while eating, also I have a bottle of wine, if you want it," Eden said, pretty amused about the obvious change in my expression just from seeing the cookies. 

I nodded, "what are we watching?"

We went to the sofa, but instead of sitting on it, we sat on the ground, supporting our backs against the sofa and placing the plate of cookies and glasses between us.

"Anything you want," Eden answered my question. 

But we forgot about the TV as soon as we turned it on, I'd blame it on the cookies, but also we spent most of the time talking about random things, just getting to know each other.

"So, last question," Eden said, her light blue eyes still making me feel some type of way. There was no reason to overthink it, it was probably the wine.