Twenty six

"Thanks for the day," I hugged Andre, getting out of the car. 

"I'm just a call away if you need me," he smiled, "of course, unless you want to call Luke, who will bring his bestie - Jack with him, or Blake who will only look at his one true love - his laptop."

"You've made your point," I laughed, "see you."

He probably didn't even realize how much he was helping me everyday with the small gestures. I felt as if I finally had someone apart from Hanna that really had my back. Even thought I wanted the only person to be Eden, but I couldn't count on her with this if she couldn't fully trust me on daily basis. 

It was quite frustrating falling so deeply for her, when I didn't knew where I'll land. 

"Looking good, Hen," I winked at him, walking in the house.

"Mom, dad!" I shouted, "your favorite child is home!"

"You're also an only child, so it's not like there's much choice," mom replied from the kitchen, where I found her sitting and reading, while dad was cooking.

I went over to dad, kissing his cheek: "is Eden feeling any better?" he asked.

Of course, I hadn't told them she had been stabbed. As far as they knew, it was just a virus she'd caught from me. Yeah, I know, a lie after lie. 

"Yeah, she's great. I'm the best care-taker after all," I grinned. 

Only it turns out she didn't even need my help. It just happened to slip my mind she was a part of a gang, not a normal girl, who'd need to be taken to a hospital, or need her girlfriends support to get through it. I wasn't mad, I just couldn't understand her no matter how hard I tried. She could've simply told me not to stress it so much instead of making me believe she actually needed my help.

"So.." I started, "there's this thing we haven't discussed."

"Here she goes.." mom mumbled, still focused on the book.

"Princess.." dad sighed, "let's just eat the dinner first."

"Just tell me," I begged, "I don't see what the big deal about you guys having to leave for work like you always do is. It's just a date I'm asking for."

Mom took off her glasses, putting the book down with them, she looked at dad: "want to be the good cop, like always, or let me do this the bad cop way?"

"Do what? What's going on?" I looked between the two of them. 

Dad sighed, turning around from the stove: "you don't have to put it that way, honey. Now she has a reason to feel threatened about the news."

"What news?" I asked, getting annoyed.

Mom rolled her eyes: "She isn't 5 years old, Mr. GoodCop, you can't pamper her forever. " 

"Stop talking about me while I'm in the same room!" I said loudly.

Dad walked closer to me: "princess, it's alright, just sit down and we'll talk about it later."

"Jeez, dad, stop walking on eggshells around me and just say it," I begged.

"We're moving," mom cut us both off, yawning.

"Honey!" dad raised his voice.

"What?" I raised my brow, not understanding what this was about.

"Princess," dad put his hand on my shoulder, "we're expanding the business, so we've decided to move to England."

I sighed, relaxing: "that's fine by me. You don't have to be worried, I don't need a babysitter or anything, I've been staying here alone the most of the time anyways."