Seventeen

"Hen, get ready, we're going for a run," I peeked out of the door, informing Henry. 

He raised an eyebrow, while I rolled my eyes: "yes, dad knows, he's coming with us."

"Running with you two? Sounds like you want me to die, miss Gold," he murmured.

I grinned: "love you too, Hen." 

This was a tradition for us ever since I can remember. Of course, at first I would ride a bike next to them, because my legs physically couldn't keep up with 2 grown ups, but around 12 I started running with them. At first it was hell, but I soon beat them both, Henry always staying behind me and dad, cursing under his breath.

As for Eden, 2 days had passed, and I started to think my plan failed. She'd leave her house early in the mornings and come back late at night. I assumed the gang was having problems. But maybe I actually messed up, pushing it too far. 

I went to the kitchen, where my mom was reading a book, eating grapes. 

I saw M&M's on the counter, grinning, while I opened the package. 

"We're going to run to the shop, do we need anything?" I asked.

Mom took of her glasses, staring at me: "I assume not the one that's 2 miles from here, but the one that's 6 miles?" 

"You got it right," I grinned. 

"Ru, they're older than you, you should go easy on them," mom said, concerned.

Right then my dad walked in: "are you kidding me? Your man is the strongest one there is out there, I can handle 12 miles, that's nothing."

Mom smiled at him amused, while dad grabbed a water bottle, walking out: "we're leaving, princess."

"Kick their asses, Ru," mom smiled, winking at me, putting her glasses back on. 

I smiled, walking out of the house. 

Henry already looked like he wanted to kill me: "just let me ride a bike, please," he pleaded.

Whenever Henry was out of his formal suit and dangerous looking sunglasses, he stopped with the other formalities, like, "miss Gold". 

"Come on, Hen, you can do it, we used to do 18 miles," I warmed up.

"Yeah, Hennessy, don't be a pussy," my dad teased.

I laughed at the two of them: "watch that mouth, old man," I started running.

"Old? I'll show you old, princess," dad mumbled, following after me.

"I'll seriously resign if you make me run more than 5," Henry shouted from behind. 

///

5 miles later and 2 overgrown babies who gave up later, I was still running towards the shop.

Of course, there was a car not far behind, making sure I was safe, while the other had taken my dad and Henry back home. Dad was barely walking the last mile, they had to forcefully drag him in the car, he was that stubborn. I guess it's clear who I got that from.

Baby this is Russian roulette 

And it ain't my gun 

Hallelujah I ain't dead yet 

and I'm still going strong

I don't know about tomorrow 

But the battle ain't done