[Part 2] E.I.G.H.T.E.E.N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nadia kept the baby sitting job as means to make easy money, but she still continued looking for another job that paid better. Despite Nadia's hardships previously. She was happy to be living with Shawn.

He made everything comfortable, and homely.  It made Nadia fell as if she was always suppose to be there. Shawn worked very hard in school, and work as well. He would come home after his classes, and the living room would be scattered with his homework, and text books.

Nadia really wanted to do something for him to show her appreciation for him taking her in, and making her feel welcomed.

                    Nadia finally decided to make him dinner one night while he was at work.

Nadia had never made dinner for anybody before. The most she had done in her lifetime was boil hotdogs for Mikey, and help her grandma make greens for Christmas last year. Grammie had offered to teach her how to cook several times, but Nadia usually turned her down.

Tiphany had never taught her a lot of anything because, Miles had been too busy kicking her out the house for acting out.

Nadia firstly looked in the freezer for something to make. Shawn always made sure the house was full of food, but Nadia reached in for a frozen pack of Chicken. Nadia put the frozen meat on the counter looking in the bottom drawer of the fridge; she pulled out potatoes.

Nadia let warm water run on the chicken to help thaw it faster. She only had an hour or so to do this before he came walking in.

Nadia boiled, and peeled the potatoes, just before mashing them up in a plastic bowl like she had seen her Grammie do plently of times. Grandpa would always fall in love when he ate her homemade mash potatoes. Nadia smiled thinking about them she had spoken to them recently.

They were doing good as always. Grammie was mad at Grandpa though because he had broken one of her plates.

Nadia had so far avoided speaking to her Mom, because Tiphany was always trying to get her to talk to Miles. Nadia finished mashing up the potatoes before adding seasoning.  In just another thirty minutes Nadia was cooking and she was pretty happy with the way everything tasted.

Shawn walked in from work a little later, but Nadia was glad he did.

It gave her time to set the table up. Nadia had everything set up in the living room. She had even washed out the pots and bowls she'd used. Nadia smiled feeling his arms wrap around her waist. "Thank you." Shawn turned Nadia too him kissing her before pulling away, only to kiss her again.

They usually were very busy, so there was no intimacy. They still weren't together, Shawn was to into himself, and Cole. He had explained that though he did like her, and care for her, he just wasn't ready to be with anybody else.

Nadia was trying her best to respect that, but she really did want to be with him, but living with him made up for it.

Nadia pulled away rubbing Shawn's arms . "Go eat before it gets cold." Shawn looked Nadia up, and down, as if he wanted to suggest something more, but he just turned on his feet walking to the living room.

Nadia dried the dishes putting them up, before she walked to the living room to see Shawn eating. It made her feel really good to see him enjoying something she had just came up with right quick. Shawn made a noise that let her know that it was really good.

Nadia did a little victory dance in her head. She liked cooking, at least for Shawn.

Shawn reached over to swallow down some of the home-made lemonade she had made. She had  put way to much sugar it in. It was like liquid diabetes in a glass, but Shawn didn't look like he cared as he took the whole thing to the head.