F.O.U.R.T.E.E.N

"Mom, I'm fine. Seriously."

          Nadia sat at the kitchen table with three different job applications sitting in front of her. "Are you eating okay? How about sleeping?" Nadia smiled writing her name at the very top of one of the work forms.

"I'm eating fine, and I'm sleeping great." Nadia immediately rolled her eyes upon hearing Miles in the background. "I wish you, and your Dad would talk." Nadia cradled the phone between her neck, and shoulder.

"He never wants to talk. All he does yell, and kick me out. I don't want to talk to him anyway." Tiphany sighed. "Well, he loves you. He's just not sure how to parent a teenage girl." Nadia laughed at that lame excuse as she stared at the line that asked for her school information. "How's school Nadia?"

Nadia hadn't told either of her parent's she had dropped out.

"It's fine." Nadia lied as she started to fill out the line for education. Her Mom started asking her way to many questions at once. "Mom, I gotta get to work. I love you, bye." Nadia clicked the end button on her cellphone before filling the rest of the apps out. She was hoping she could really get a job 350 of the 400 Matthew gave her went to bills, and whatever was left was her's which was never a lot.

Nadia finished up the rest of the apps. She was gonna turn them into today when Katy finally showed up. They were suppose to be going to the doctor. Katy really believed she was pregnant. She complained that her body felt weird.

Nadia really couldn't say how she felt about it. To her knowledge Matthew had no idea, and it wasn't her place to tell him. Nadia went to her room to get dressed in something casual; Jeans, and a long sleeved shirt. About ten minutes later Nadia heard a car horn go off. She pulled her brush through her hair one last time before grabbing up all three job applications from the table.

She went out the front door with her purse slung from her left shoulder

                                                 "When was your last period." Katy lightly swung her feet looking at the Doctor. "I was actually suppose to get it last week, but I had my last period last month on the 5th." Nadia waited quietly sitting in the plastic chair in the corner. "I'm going to need a urine sample." The Doctor put her file down reaching just above his head to grab a cup -- handing it to Katy.

"I'll be back." Katy slid from the patient table leaving the room;cup in hand.

Nadia, and the Doctor stared around the room avoiding one another's gaze. He was actually kinda cute. Nadia pushed her mild hormones far from her mind. She already had enough going on in her life. He seemed un-interested in her anyway.

He kept eyeing Katy's file as if he hadn't already skimmed through it before he had come in.

Katy returned handing the Doctor the specimen. Two single paper towels wrapped securely around it. "Thank you." He left once he asked a couple more questions.

Nadia anxiously played the waiting game while Katy seemed completely relaxed. Nadia began to wonder if Katy had been wanting to get pregnant. She didn't seem the least bit stressed. Nadia knew if it were her she would be freaking the hell out.

Just before she could ask a knock hit the door.

"Come in." Katy loudly answered. The Doctor stepped in. "Would you like your sister to step out?" Katy shook her head looking at Nadia. "No, she's fine." The Doctor nodded shutting the door behind him, stepping in. "Katy, I took three tests, one was negative, and two were positive. I'm going to lead more toward the possibility of you being pregnant. According to your last LMP you would be about 3weeks along."

No gasping, no cringing. Katy just smiled, and Nadia suddenly got a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. It just seemed like she had been trying, but had Matthew? Why would he be trying to have a kid right now though? He still had one more year left of high school. He probably wasn't even the one trying though.

"Are you serious?! I'm pregnant?" Katy smiled even wider as the news seemed to hit her when she said it a-loud

"It seems so. I want to see you again though."

                              They both left the Doctor's office with Katy practically skipping to the car. "You aren't stressed out?" Nadia asked once they got in the car. Katy started the car looking over at her best friend. "No, why would I be." Nadia put on her seatbelt. "Well, you're about to graduate and go to college. You're about to turn 18 in three weeks, and the most important reason why is YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

Nadia couldn't help the envy that  tickled her spine.

It wasn't jealousy because of her pregnancy, but because Katy would forever have Matthew, in a way that no female could ever  reciprocate. Nadia felt a headache start as Katy eyed her strangely. "Well, I mean. I love Matthew. I haven't heard him say he loves me yet, but I'm sure he does. I was gonna tell him that I love him tonight."

Nadia felt the squeeze of her heart overwhelm her so much that she had to roll the window down to dry out her tears. Nadia couldn't understand why she was so upset. Katy seemed okay with it, so maybe she could be more supportive.

Nadia rested her head against the car window as the drive back to Justin's apartment was just uncomfortably quiet. Never had Nadia felt so much tension between her, and her best friend. Neither of them spoke not even when Nadia got out.

As soon as the front door shut behind her Nadia let out two bellowing screams as she sunk to the floor. " I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS SHT!" Nadia screamed even louder to the empty apartment. Nadia felt her eyes fill with tears out of the blue. Nadia couldn't swallow the lump in her throat as her tears fell.

Nadia didn't even hear Justin come in as she wept loudly.

"Baby? What's wrong."

Nadia peered up at Justin's handsome face. He sat beside her chewing at his bottom lip as he eyed her -- his brown eyes curious. "I'm just stressed." It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

Justin nodded in understandnig. "Come on let me make you up a bath or something." Nadia took his hand letting him lead her towards the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Screams for Nadia*