Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

It has been a week since I asked Ryder to train me. Every day, at precisely six to nine am, Ryder and I would train in the woods. My mother leaves for work at nine-thirty so she doesn’t suspect a thing. I’ve been progressing these past few days and I’m glad I can finally defend myself. Although I still have a lot to learn. Learning how to fight a human is one thing, but a werewolf? Werewolves are stronger, faster and overall more advanced than humans. I need to train hard if I want to defend myself.

“You need to concentrate if you want the upper hand” Ryder said snapping me out of my thoughts. He defended my punch and tripped me up so I fell onto the floor. I panted heavily on the floor, the sweat making my clothes stick to my body. I laid my arm across my eyes to stop the sunlight from blinding them.

A shadowed figure stood in front of me, so I opened my eyes and saw Ryder standing there with a stern look. He held out his hand for me to stand up. I sighed grabbing his hand. He pulled me up with ease, not even breaking a sweat.

“You need to focus. If you were fighting for real you wouldn’t last a second out there” Ryder stated a serious look on his face. He turned around to drink water and I took this time to stick my tongue out at him. Serious Ryder was no fun, I much prefer gentle Ryder over this one. Sure, at first it was very attractive, and it still is, but now it’s getting annoying. I’m serious about these training lessons, yet Ryder always seems to treat me like a child. If there was only a way I could prove myself to him. It was then a light bulb lit in my head, and just like that a brilliant idea came to me. A smirk graced my lips.

“Ryder” I said trying to get his attention. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me, showing me I had his attention.

“How about we make a deal?” I grinned, my offer seemed to intrigue him. He leaned against a tree, smirking in interest.

“We’ll have a fight and if I win you’ll take me to meet the pack” I said slowly, Ryder looked surprised for a minute. I had been thinking about this for a while now. I am ready to meet the pack yet whenever I bring up the topic, Ryder changes it. I don’t know why he doesn’t want to take me.

“Are you sure you want to meet the pack, because there are some people who are sceptical about you” he said honestly dragging his hand through his hair. I thought about and nodded my head in determination. I kind of knew that some people may not like me and even though it scared me to think people already hated me; I’d go there, I mean I’ll have to one day. I looked up at him and smiled.

“You do make me step outside of my comfort zone” I admitted, smiling. He grinned at me and at that moment it felt like we weren’t being targeted by someone, that he wasn’t a werewolf, that our lives aren’t in danger, it felt like we were normal.

“So do you still want to take me up on the deal?” I suggested, Ryder looked at me a playful glint in his eyes.

“I’d be an idiot if I didn’t” Ryder said before he pounced on me.

To say that I was surprised was an understatement. I snapped out of it and put my head in the game. He tried to grab me but I dodged swiftly. He smirked at me, as he evaded my attack. We were fighting each other for what felt like hours, but in reality it was just minutes. I was shocked I was still standing for this long. Ryder wrapped his leg around mine, bringing me down to the floor, as well as himself. He landed on top of me, his face a few inches away from mine.

“Do you give up?” Ryder’s warm breath fanned my face, his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips. My heart sped up, as his face leaned into towards mine. Our lips just a small distance from touching, my eyes shut as I anticipated for the kiss.