Breaking to Pieces {EDITED}

Prologue

Dead.

It was cruel how fast fate had snapped its fingers and now my father was lying in a coffin, with nothing but flowers surrounding his body. His ashen face reminded me of the snow. His eyes were closed and he looked as if he were in a deep slumber; any noise would wake him up and he would go into one of his sulks, only this time he wouldn't because he wasn't asleep. He was wearing the suit he wore on his wedding day. The suit symbolised the start of my father's new life with my mother; one that would be full of emotions, like happiness and even sorrow. But it would be worth it, since his new life would be shared with someone he loved. It only seemed right that he wore it on this day.

My father meant everything to me; I remember when he took me on fishing trips. We would be out in the lake with only the sound of birds singing to entertain us and the sun shining, when it decided to come out in Wales. We would sit there for hours in silence, enjoying the view. It was our father-daughter bonding time.  This was the only time where I would have my father's company all to myself and now I don't even have that. I can never see him smile, or see that spark in his eyes whenever he heard our voices or hear the love in his voice when he repeated, for the hundredth time, how he met my mother.

In the distance I could hear my mother sobbing while my younger sister, Sophie cried. I didn't cry, I couldn't. No matter how much I tried, I could not force the tears to come out.  Maybe I was still in shock – who wouldn't be? My father's death was not planned; it was unexpected.  No one saw it coming.  Everything passed by with a blur. If only I had a few minutes, a few minutes to say goodbye, to say that I loved him and that I was grateful to have him, even if it was for a small amount of time.

I watched as they took his coffin away. My mother and Sophie followed after them whilst I stood in the middle of the church, frozen to the ground. My eyes lingered on the black coffin which had patterns engraved into it. He's gone, I thought.  That will be the last time I will ever see him, I will never see him smile or laugh. He's gone.

A traitorous tear slid down my face as I took a step outside. The harsh wind pinched at my cheeks, as the rain mourned along with us. Everything we had cherished, every little memory we valued, it's gone, all of it. Another tear managed to escape my eyes and before I knew it I was crying. Tears blurred my vision. My knees buckled; sending me to the ground.  I couldn't remember a time when I cried worse than this. The tears ran down my cheeks, like a waterfall they never stopped flowing.  One by one they would drop onto my thighs, leaving a small puddle of grief. Idon't know how many hours I had sat there and cried; but I was grateful no onebothered me. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw something move as I looked around; through my blurred vision, my eyes met a pair of amber eyes; the eyes of a wolf.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: So what do you think? It's the first time I wrote a prologue so please don't bite me!! That was a bit over dramatic don't ya think? Any please vote, comment, blah blah blah! :P 

Peace, bananas and darkangels!!

C.I.A