Chapter Three

Chapter Three

“Mate”

I thought about my run in with that guy, for the rest of the day. He stormed off afterwards, leaving me standing there in my thoughts. Mate. What did it mean? Did he think I was his friend? I groaned frustrated with my own thoughts. Why was I thinking so hard about this anyway? I focused my attention to my calculus teacher. He looked like he was in his mid thirties, with his bold patch and a few grey hairs. I pitied the man; we weren’t exactly the most well behaved class in the school. I wrote down some notes, trying to keep myself distracted, but in the end those dark brown eyes haunted my mind.

After a torturous hour of calculus, with those eyes in my mind, it was finally lunch. I stood by Summer’s locker waiting for her to come. Ten minutes past and there was still no sign of Summer. A few people ran past me, they looked like they were in a hurry. After a couple more people ran past, I decided I should see what this was about. I followed the herd of people and was led to a big circle of people who were standing in the parking lot. They seemed to be crowding around something and were cheering on as well. I squeezed through people until I reached the front. I gasped in shock. T

he guy I bumped into this morning was fighting with this other guy. It looked like it was getting out of hand, yet no one stopped them. I watched in horror as they swapped punches and kicks. The guy from this morning, guy number 1, received a pretty hard blow from the other guy, guy number 2. I held in my breath, hoping he was alright. Within a couple of seconds guy number 1 stood back up, as if he hadn’t been punched in the guts, and slammed his fists in guy number 2’s chest. A few drops of blood, decorated the concrete surface. Violence never went well with me, just by looking at blood, I feel as though I will faint. Nausea took over me, as I carried on watching the brutal massacre that was happening in front of my eyes. What took me by surprise was that no one attempted to stop this. I wonder what even caused them to fight like this. Before the situation could get even more worse, a teacher came and stopped them, saving me from this war.

“Break it up you two! Detention for the both of you!” the teacher yelled pulling them apart. They sent each other glares, hatred clearly visible between them. I took this time to look at them more carefully. Their clothes were ripped, with blood stains on various places. The fight didn’t seem like a normal one, they seemed stronger and faster. They should have been bruised or scarred, but there was not even a single mark on their faces. It seemed weird, almost surreal. The teacher then turned towards the crowd.

“There’s nothing to see here people.” The teacher shooed us away. I started turning away but not before my eyes met Ryder’s. We stared at each other’s eyes for what felt like an eternity. I broke our staring completion. My eyes grazed over the other guy, only to see he was sending a heated glare at me. I quickly walked away. I could feel their eyes stabbing at the back of my head. I walked into the school, making a beeline towards the cafeteria. When I reached the cafeteria, I saw Eva and Summer seated at their table. I walked towards them and sat down.

“Hey. How come you weren’t by your locker?” I asked casually as I began eating my lunch. Eva was listening to music on her IPod but she did nod her head at me. At least I’m making some improvement.

“Sorry! Mr Briggs my chemistry teacher held me back. I went there afterwards but saw you weren’t there, so I came here. Where were you anyways?” Summer said whilst taking a bite from her sandwich. I hesitated whether or not I should tell them I witnessed the fight in between the two guys. Eva took out one of her ear plugs, listening in on our conversation.

“Um, I was waiting by your locker and when you didn’t show up I followed these people outside. There was a crowd so I went in and well, there was a fight going on.” I gulped nervously, anxiously waiting for their reaction. Eva stiffened as soon as I finished speaking, whilst Summer’s eyes widened in shock.

“Oh. My. Gosh! I can’t believe you witnessed the fight. Everybody is talking about it. You have to tell me everything!” Summer squealed. That’s one out of the three of us who is happy about the fight. I’m guessing Eva’s not too pleased about this situation either, with the way she reacted.

“Well there is nothing much to tell beside the fact they were attacking each other. By the way who is ‘they’ anyway?” I questioned Summer. I was curious to know who Mr Bear was. Yup I’m going to call him Mr Bear; I think it’s the perfect name for him, as he’s always growling. Summer’s eyes widened yet again.

“You don’t know who they are?” She choked out. I shook my head, not realising that they were important people.

“Those people are only one of the most talked about people in the whole school. Every girl wants to date them. Every guy wants to be them.” She sighed dreamily. Well that helped! I thought. Just as I was about to talk, Summer started talking again. “They are Ryder and Blake.” Summer said, air quoting the word ‘they’.

“Wait. I know who Ryder is but who’s Blake and why would they fight?” My mind was buzzing with questions. Summer shook her head, muttering something I could not hear.

“Blake is Ryder’s half brother. Blake and Ryder hate each other; even teachers split their classes up so they never cross paths. Even with this drama going on girls still dig them. I mean who wouldn’t did you see how hot Blake is. What a shame though that his eight pack is going to waste.” Summer went back in to her dream-like state. Honestly Blake is kind of hot with his dark hair but compared to Ryder, he doesn’t do much for me. I watched Summer, amusement in my eyes. She never ceased to amaze me.

I swung my bag over my shoulder, giving Summer a wave over my shoulder. The bell had rung signalling us to go to class. Just as I was about to leave the canteen, a hand stopped me. I looked at the owner of the hand to see Eva staring at me.

“Hey Eva, did you need anything?” she hadn’t spoken a word to me since I came here. I wonder what she wants to say.

“Stay away from Blake, Tessa. He’s trouble.” She whispered the last part in my ear, as if she hadn’t wanted anyone to hear what we were talking about. Before I could react or say anything, Eva walked away, leaving me standing there in utter confusion.

***

I jumped on my bed closing my eyes, enjoying the warmth my bed was giving. I had brought Sophie back home from school. Tiredness invaded my body. I thought about everything that had happened today. It was a lot to go through in one day. I remembered what Eva had told me after Lunch. What did she mean he’s trouble? I mean I know he’s dangerous but why would she think I’d go near him anyway? My head began to hurt due to all the over thinking. The first thing she ever said to me had to be a weird one. Great! I thought. I groaned into my pillow, why was life so confusing? My internal rambling was cut short when Sophie yelled for me.

“Tessa! I can’t find my book! Can you help me find it?” Sophie yelled from downstairs. Gosh can’t she just come upstairs and ask me.

“Coming!” I yelled back as I ran down the stairs. Thoughts of school leaving my mind.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: So lots of action in this chapter.  I hope you guys liked it. Vote, comment y'know the usual drill. I finally figured out when I'm going to publish it's going to be every Monday. If I can I'll try and publish before that.

C.I.A