Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Two

Walking into school that same day, I felt a familiar sense of a sombre atmosphere. Looking around I noticed that the usually loud and high-spirited students seemed to lack that energy. Frowning I walked deeper into school, and was left more confused after passing some people from the year below me crying. Two girls were sitting on a bench crying with a boy who looked close to tears, whilst the people around them stood there comforting them.

Passing the crying students, I walked through the white coloured walls and the junior lockers, but halted as I realised why everyone seemed so solemn. Another murder. Like Stacy, only this time it was a younger boy who was human. I knew he was human since I never saw him at the pack meetings. Immediately I dialled Eva, knowing she and Ryder would not be in today. My phone made a beeping sound signalling that Eva has not picked up. I gave up after calling again, coming to the conclusion that she was most likely caught up in the affairs related to this murder. Glancing back at the flowers next to the locker, I gave my condolences before walking away.

On my way to my homeroom I noticed Anna standing outside so I decided to head out to the benches she was sitting on. She looked very disturbed and was biting her nails anxiously; it was complete contrast to the calm Anna I was used to seeing. I approached her concerned when I noticed the bags underneath her eyes indicating her lack of sleep. Upon seeing me Anna gave me a weak smile.

"I guess you've heard what happened, huh?" Anna looked defeated as she slumped down further into the bench. I sat down on the light brown bench, in front of her.

"I saw the locker today, I didn't know." We were silent for a few moments. The soft breeze blew Anna blonde curls; even in the state she was in, Anna had an angel-like innocence and beauty towards her.

"He was killed a few hours ago, when we were asleep. The patrollers were overwhelmed by the number of rogues and couldn't fight them all off. He was a human." Anna stated. "With Stacy, it was different. She was a pack member, but he- I don't even know his name- he was human!" Anna looked flustered as she said this. No one was nearby to witness her outburst. "He didn't deserve it, he didn't even know what killed and why." Anna's whisper could be barely heard, but I too bowed my head in guilt. If I hadn't gone to see Ryder would the boy still have lived? I distracted Ryder from his duties. Questions of 'what-if' started to swarm in my head. Fate was horribly cruel.

"I feel so useless." Anna looked up at me but I stared at my fingers. "I'm supposed to be a Luna, but I can't do anything. All I can do is sit here and watch people be killed from problems related to me." Anna gave me a sympathetic smile, understanding that she could at least fight some of the rogues, I couldn't even do that.

"Well there is something you can do." Anna's eyes brightened and I gazed at her curiously. "You can go through Luna training" she offered.

"What's Luna training?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. This was the first time I was hearing anything of the sort. I could see from behind Anna that people were heading to class, so not only had I missed homeroom but I was going to be late to class too. Anna, however, wasn't fazed by the bell and began to tell me more about Luna training.

"Well just like an alpha needs training to become alpha, a Luna requires training to be a Luna. It means you'll have to go through training to not only become stronger, but to understand pack laws and customs better too. You should ask my parents about it, maybe that might make you feel useful." Anna explained the process to me briefly. Luna training? I've never been told about this nor have I heard anything related to the matter.