Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Boring.

Boring.

Boring.

I was lying across my sofa, trying to find a suitable channel to watch. It's Saturday and I had absolutely nothing to do. I was officially dying of boredom. On the upside though, Summer and Eva are coming over for a sleepover in a couple of hours. Sophie's staying at her friend Megan's house. I asked my mother if they could come over and she said only if I picked up Sophie from her friend's house. Honestly I didn't mind having Sophie around. Most teenage girls my age find their younger sisters annoying, bratty and although Sophie is all those things, she's the best sister I could ask for. Dad passing away was hard on all of us, but Sophie never complained. She's our rock. Gosh if Sophie heard any of that she would never let go of it.

I sat on my window sill staring out. My bedroom was an average bedroom with bright yellow walls. There was a double bed facing my door and a bedside table. My desk was near my window and my TV was in front of my bed, so I could watch it while I'm in bed. I had a couple of posters of Marianas Trench on the wall, as well as a huge picture of the sunset taking up the whole of the wall my bed was leaning against. I had a huge obsession with the sky, on my eleventh birthday my mom got me a camera. I took pictures of the sunset, sky and just beautiful scenarios. Photography was my passion and I dreamed of becoming a photographer, I still do. There was a board above my desk, that had photos that I took pinned on it. It was a really beautiful bedroom but what I loved most about it was my canopy window. It had a seating area on it, which was filled with cushions. I loved sitting by it and staring at the sky.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the door bell rang. I looked up at the clock that was hung next to my door. Is it seven o'clock already? I guess I must have dozed off. I ran down the stairs, cursing as I tripped over a stair. I opened the door to see Summer and Eva standing there.

Summer wore a pair of light blue jeans with a white tank top and a hoodie over it, whilst Eva wore dark jeans and a black shirt. They both looked like opposites. While Summer had bright red hair and a cheery attitude, Eva had dark hair and a more reserved and calm personality.

"Wow! Tessa your house is so pretty!" Summer gushed as she came inside. I mumbled a 'thank you' to her. I led them towards my bedroom, where our sleeping arrangements were set out.

"Ok so I've never been to a sleepover so I don't know how this goes." I said embarrassed over the fact that I never went to a sleepover.

"It's alright Tessa we never been to one either so I guess we'll do whatever seems fun!" Summer encouraged me while Eva nodded beside her.

"Ok then how about we watch movies, I have quite a lot actually." I suggested. It was true we did have a lot of movies, only because Sophie and I would spend our Friday nights watching movies. We went downstairs towards the lounge, where the big screen TV was.

"What movies do you want to watch?" I asked them as we set up a comfortable seating place on the floor. I flicked through DVDs searching for an appropriate film.

"Ooh can we please watch The Vow? I've been dying to watch it!" Summer pleaded. I put in the disk and sat at my seat. I brought a pack of tissues with me, I heard this film could make even the most manliest men cry.

-An hour later-

"Why did she forget him? He's so handsome compared to the other guy! Life is so unfair!" Summer cried into her pillow. I gave her an awkward pat on her back and handed her a tissue. I wiped a few of my tears away as well. I'm not your typical romantic but this film was just so sad.

"Why would you even cry over this? It's so unrealistic, no way would that ever happen to someone." Eva said crinkling her nose in disgust. I was happy that she finally started talking. I guess you just needed some time to break through her barrier.