Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I had totally forgotten that Ryder was coming over today. Ryder stood by the door looking like a Greek God, while I stood there my mouth open like a fish and my foot in my hand. Snapping my mouth shut, I quickly let go of my foot and straightened myself out. He was standing there wearing a plan black tee and a leather jacket over it. Although I had seen him a couple of hours ago, he looked more handsome than he did in the class. We stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity, before I broke our silence and let him come inside.

"So let's get started!" I awkwardly led him into the lounge. I had brought my bag downstairs and gotten out the work we needed. Romeo and Juliet. A tale of tragedy and romance. Although I love Shakespeare and this story, I don't believe in killing yourself for the ones you love. I believe that if you truly love someone then you would carry on living, living for their memories. My father had taught me that love will only die, when you kill it. Love is immortal, it never dies. Even if you die, your memories will live on.

We sat there in an awkward silence, neither one of us bothering to break it. I could feel his penetrating gaze on the side of my head, burning two holes into it. For some reason, I felt a pull towards Ryder like if I didn't talk then I was going to explode. My hands started to feel clammy and my heart was pounding from the intense atmosphere in the room. The air was thick as was the silence. Ryder's knee accidentally brushed mine, sending a wave of pleasure through me. All the discomfort was erased and now I was feeling relaxed. Sparks rippled through my body from the contact. Weird! What just happened? My mind was feeling hazy from the past two minutes. Our silence was broken by Sophie who had decided to bestow her presence upon us.

"Tessa! I'm hungry can you please make me a sand- wait who is this?" Sophie rudely asked as she interrupted me out of my thoughts.

"Sophie this is Ryder and Ryder this is Sophie, my little sister" I introduced them while giving her a glare for being rude. She just brushed me off and focused her attention on Ryder. Ugh how rude! I watched as a sly grin appeared on her face, whatever she was thinking, was definitely not going to turn out good. Normally her thoughts always ended up with me embarrassed or in pain. She was definitely the best little sister anyone could ask for, a bundle of joy. Note the sarcasm.

"Tessa I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" She shrieked making me blush fifty shades of red. Ryder laughed while I stood there drowning in embarrassment. That was the first time I heard Ryder laugh or make any sound at all, other than a growl now and then, but it was nice hearing him laugh.

"Sophie were not dating, he's my partner" I said my cheeks still red from the embarrassment. Sophie ignored me again and started to talk about wedding plans. My cheeks darkened, if that was even possible. This made Ryder laugh harder, making me smile, even through my embarrassment.

"I like you" Ryder spoke surprising me. I stared at him in shock. Did he just speak? Sophie and Ryder started talking casually, while my mouth was against the floor. He said he liked Sophie? Ryder never talks to anyone, yet here he was in my lounge, talking to my sister. I guess the shock still hadn't settled in because I was still standing there like a statue.

"Y-You can talk?" I blurted out and then blushing furiously at my stupidity. Ryder and Sophie stopped talking and faced me. Amusement laced his eyes as he stared at me. My blush burned my cheeks, as I knew that they were teasing me.

"Yes I can talk" he answered in a husky voice, like he just woke up. A shiver ran done my spine at the tone of his voice, but I ignored it. I don't think I ever felt so embarrassed in my life; Sophie was going to pay for this. I was going to avenge myself, making her beg for mercy! I was snapped out of my evil thoughts, as Sophie decided to leave the room, leaving me alone with Ryder.

"Make sure you treat my future brother-in-law nicely!" yelled from the kitchen. My blush deepened from the embarrassment. Ryder grinned at me, while I blushed harder. I don't know why Sophie was so hell bent on Ryder and I becoming a couple. She was not going to survive, at all. Prepare to face your doom Sophie Elizabeth Jones.

"So Romeo and Juliet, shall we get started?" I asked grabbing a book and pen.

"We shall" I giggled as he failed to do an English accent.

***

My phone rang from the table, making me jump in surprise. Ryder had left an hour ago; we had finished our work and decided to meet again on Wednesday. I grabbed my IPhone and saw it was my mother calling. I grabbed my phone, sliding the key and pressing my phone against my ear.

"Hey Tessa, I am so sorry but I won't be able to make it home. My work here is really busy. I have to go now; I don't have much time to talk. Bye" My mother disconnected the phone not even bothering to let me speak. I sighed. I knew this would happen; sometimes I despise the fact that my mother is a workaholic. If not for me, she could at least be here for Sophie. How was I going to tell Sophie? She was really happy that we were going to have a family dinner, and now we can't. Walking to Sophie's room, I stood outside the door, preparing what I was going to say.

"Hey Sophie I have something to tell you. Can I come in?" I asked from outside the door, when she said I could come in, I opened the door. Entering inside the room, I saw Sophie reading a book on One Direction. I rolled my eyes; it was typical for Sophie to do anything related to One Direction. They may have managed to worm their way into my sister's mind, but they'll never get into mine!

"So what did you want to say?" She peeked out of her book to look at me. My eyes bored into hers. She looked like a younger version of my mother, with her blonde hair and emerald green eyes. On the other hand I looked like my father; I had his brown eyes and dark hair. Sophie was always my mother's favourite, but I was always daddy's girl, getting everything I always wanted.

"Soph mom called, she can't make it home" My voice softened when I saw the look of disappointment on her face. She hid her face behind the book pretending to read again, although I knew she was trying to hide her tears. The bed dipped, as I sat next to her. I took the book from her hands, and place it on the bed. I hugged her, offering her my comfort, while she sniffled into my neck.

"How about we get some ice cream?" I said excitedly trying to cheer her up. I could feel her grin against my neck. Although Sophie was a pain in the ass most of the time, I knew inside she was a big baby. Plus I know she loves Ice cream and won't ever be able to deny it, she has a sweet tooth.

We put on our coats and went outside. The cold air wrestled with my hair, trying to tame it. Although it was just seven pm, the sky was dark and not very welcoming. I grabbed hold of Sophie's hand and led her to a nearby ice cream shop. The luminescent light coming of the sign 'Terry's Ice cream' shop glowed bright in the dark.

The door dinged as we went inside. We were immediately hit by warmth. The inside was very 80's with soft rock music playing in the background. At the counter stood a woman who looked to be in her mid fifties, she smiled as we walked up to her.

"Well what can I do for you hon." I could detect that she had a country accent. I smiled at her kindly, not wanting to be rude.

"Um can I have two rocky roads?" I asked. Mine and Sophie's taste in ice cream was the same, we both loved the caramel taste of rock roads. I could feel myself drool, in hunger.

"That would be 2 dollars please." I handed her the money and took the ice cream. Exiting the shop, I shoved a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. My tongue savoured the taste of chocolaty cream, and rich chocolate.

"Thanks Tessa" I heard Sophie mutter. Her mouth was full of ice cream, making everything she was saying barely audible. I laughed at how stupid she looked at the moment. However my laughter was cut short, by a vicious snarl that rippled through the air. I snapped my head to the direction of the source. I could hear Sophie scream. At that very moment I could only think of one thing.

Oh shit!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Hey guys so this is Chapter Six! Hope you guys enjoyed it. I will update next Monday, so prepare yourselves. Happy 4th of March day!! Lol I actually have nothing to say. Most people write like a page of Author's Note! I am dedicating this to @ameliejay for being such a supportive person and a really eager reader! :) Hope you guys have a nice week!

Peace, bananas, and dark angels!

C.I.A