Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I stared at the long cut with dry blood around it. My nose crinkled in disgust, I must’ve hurt it when I fell down. Looking in the mirror I noticed how horrid I looked. My hair was stuck up in different directions; mud was smeared across my face. I looked like a hobo that hadn’t showered for years. The worst was my smell, I smelt terrible. I stepped into the shower, allowing the water to dominate my body. My muscles relaxed at the touch of the hot water.  

Fifteen minutes later, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a fluffy, white towel. I blow dried my hair and dressed myself in some jeans and a lacy crop top with a tank top underneath. Brushing my hair, I decided to let it loose.

I met Sophie in the kitchen; she was dressed up for school and was eating breakfast. Neither of us wanted to talk about yesterday’s events. We nearly died. We both were still suffering from the shock. Sophie seemed quieter, only talking when she had to. I dismissed her silence, understanding how she felt and what she must be going through.

I dropped her off at her school and made my to school. Arriving at the old building, I headed to my Biology class. No one was in the hallways, although a few people would walk by now and then. I made my way inside the classroom. A couple of people were sat at their seats, texting away or sleeping. I looked at the simple, white clock and saw I was five minutes early.  The teacher was not here yet. I sat down at my seat as the bell rang. Herds of people came into the classroom; all had bored expressions on their faces that mirrored my own. I guess everyone in here hates biology.

After two hours of mental abuse from different lessons and hearing my teacher yap on about some dead guy, it was finally break. I ran out of the classroom and inhaled the smell of freedom. I walked to the cafeteria, where I normally met up with Eva and Summer. My journey however was put to a stop as my body was harshly slammed into a locker. Pain radiated throughout my body, especially hurting on the bruise on my back. I groaned from the brutal contact.

“Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in” Blake said venom laced into every word he spoke. His hands were at the sides of my head. I was trapped.

“What do you want Blake?” I managed to choke out. I made it look like I was not scared, but inside I was pissing myself. I shot a glare at him, which was a bad mistake. He pushed my shoulders further into the lockers, hurting me even more.

“What do I want? I want you to stay away from Ryder.” He hissed into my ears making me cringe. He was about to say something else when a voice stopped him.

“Let her go Blake, don’t make me do something we’ll both regret.” A blonde haired girl stood at the end of the hallway. She had a stern expression on her face and her eyes had that ‘Mess with me and die’ look. She walked towards us, her hair bounced slightly as she walked. She looked like a lady, beautiful and elegant. She stalked towards us; her posture reminded me of a cat.

“Let. Her. Go. Blake.” The girl said in a calm yet threatening tone. It was almost as if she was challenging him. Blake let out a growl before loosening his hold on me. I let out a breath of relief. He dropped his hands and walked away but stopped and turned around towards us.

“Remember what I said Tessa or else you’ll regret it” Within a second after saying that he disappeared. I looked at the unknown girl and gave her a smile, which she returned. The girl had pale skin, looking like one of those porcelain dolls. She looked beautiful, so beautiful you wouldn’t think she was real. Her blonde hair looked almost platinum giving her an angelic look.

“I guess I should introduce myself, I’m Anna” Anna introduced herself, her blue-green eyes piercing into my own.

“I’m Tessa. By the way thanks for saving me. If you don’t mind me asking how do you know Blake?” I queried, curious as to why she could stop him. Blake doesn’t look like someone who lets people walk over him; he is definitely not a pushover. Maybe she’s a girlfriend?