Chapter Eighteen

Simon and I walk upstairs towards Jacob's room when I hear Simon mutter under his breath. "Mate." 

"Mate?" I asked Simon.

He nodded, a huge grin on his face. "Does he know about.....?"

I shook my head. "Sorry." I said and knocked on Jacob's door. 

"MUM! I TOLD YOU I'M BUSY!"Jacob's voice yelled. 

"Jake?" I said through the door. I heard a few banging noises before the door opened quickly, sending a gush of wind onto my face. 

He looked at me shocked. "Tania?.... Oh..." He said looking behind me, probably at Simon. "Come to hurt me again?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"God no!" Simon blurted out, he slapped a hand over his mouth and blushed bright crimson. "I mean... Uhhh... I'm just..."

"He's squeamish." I blurt out, trying to cover.

Simon nods frantically. "Hand over heart, actually am."

I start laughing before turning back to Jacob. "So... uh can we come in?" I ask, feeling extremely awkward.

Jacob gives me a small up-down. "Why should I?" He asks.

"JAKE! THAT IS NO WAY TO TALK TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"Jacob's mum yells from down stairs, I swear that woman has the ears of a hawk.

Jacob just rolls his eyes. "Fine, whatever." He says, clearly grumpy. Jake turns around and walks into his room, leaving his door open for Simon and I.

I follow  first, Simon hot on my trail shutting the door behind us. "So you haven't told your mum then?"

He grunts. "What do you even want? Why are you even here?" 

I sigh. "Scott told me he let you go, and that he had you delete...." I was cut off by Jake.

"Okay, one, don't mention that pricks name. Two, that prick told me he was taking orders from you." Jacob slumps down into his desk chair.

I sigh angrily and cross my arms over his chest. "Well he wasn't okay?" I bark. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "Listen, I know you. And I know you always back things up. So is there any chance you have more copies of the footage?" I ask.

A small smile lights up Jacobs face. "You always did know me so well." He sighs and glances at his computer. "Come here." He nods at his lap.

I look at Simon, as if asking permission, he nods at me with a smile. I think Simon's just happy that he found his mate. I sit down on Jacobs lap and look at his computer screen. "So what are we looking at?"

"Depends on what your looking for." Jake says and rests his chin on my shoulder, like he used to do. 

I sighed and shifted uncomfortably under his chin. "Can we just look at my room?" I ask, trying to hide to unease in my voice.

Jake grabbed my chin with his hand and turned me to face him. "From when?" He asked, leaning closer to my face.

I pulled back and Simon growled. I looked up at Simon to see him giving me an apologetic look. I gave him a small smile, trying to help calm him. "Uhh, yesterday please." I say awkwardly to Jake.

He sighs. "Sure thing." He speaks in monotone. I watched as Jacob opened file after file, he opened a video clip and started playing.

It was Scott and I in bed together, asleep. Jacob tensed under me. I sighed and Jacob started fast forwarding. We had skipped a few hours and Scott and I were still asleep. Suddenly Scott was getting up. "STOP!" I scream at Jake. Jacob stops fast forwarding, Scott walks around to the other side of the bed and looks at me, he kisses my cheek before walking out of the room. He comes back a few minutes later and goes straight over to my drawers he grabs my brush and walks out of the room. Scott comes back after ten  minutes and snuggles back in next to me. I shook my head. "I knew he lied to me."