Chapter Four

"You tried to drug me, well listen here you little bitch. You won't get rid of me that easy." He smirked and grabbed me by my throat.

"What.... are.... you.... talking.... about?" I said between gasping for air.

"You put fucking vervain and wolfsbane into my fucking drink. Don't act all fucking innocent. I know you tried to knock me out so that you can kill me." He paused and clutched my throat tighter. "You cannot get ride of me that easily princess." He said with an evil smirk.

"V-vervain....?.... W-wolf-wolfsbane...?" I stuttered out, barely able to breath.

He looked at me confused for a long second. "Do you even know what vervain or wolfsbane are?" He asked quietly.

I shook my head as best as I could, considering I was being strangled.

He let go and gave me an apologetic look. "May I look at your selection of tea's?" He asked.

A tear slipped down my cheeks. I felt no option other than to open up the tea cupboard for him. I backed away from the cupboard giving him room to look. What the hell was vervain and wolfsbane? Why the hell was his throat literally burning? Why did he keep getting angry and then going nice in the blink of an eye?

The really creepy, scary, guy started rummaging through my tea jars. Picking up a few, quickly dropping them and cussing. He bent down to the counter where the tea bags had dropped and he started to sniff them. Why is he sniffing them??? He turned back to me. "These were all soaked in vervain and wolfsbane. Did you do that?" He asked.

I shook my head. "My parents make the tea themselves. They grow their own ingredients and everything." I cussed myself for talking to him as if he hadn't just tried to kill me. Mentally I'm terrified of him, but my body seems to be relaxed around him.

"Where do they grow their ingredients?" He asked sternly and walked straight over to me, popping my personal bubble.

I was leaning against the counter, his body forceablely pressed against mine. "O-out the back." I stuttered quietly, not trusting my voice.

He grabbed me by my upper arm and pushed me towards the kitchen door. "Show me." He commanded.

A few more tears slid down my cheeks. I nodded and lead him out the back to the barn where my parents keep all of their stuff for tea and hunting. "Here." I said as we stood in front of many wooden planter boxes filled with the herbs and flavors for the tea's.

The man roughly let go of me and walked around the boxes, inspecting them. He came to a stop in front of two plants. He motioned for me to come over to him. "Do you know what these are?" He asked me, his voice was back to being kind.

I shook my head slowly. "Should I?" I asked.

He sighed. "This one here, its wolfsbane." He said pointing to the purple little flowers on the right. He then pointed to the lighter purple plant which reminded me of lavender. "This is vervain." He said.

"A-are you allergic to it?" I asked.

He chuckled quietly. "In a way, yes, I guess I am."

"Why was your throat burning? I've never seen an allergic reaction that server before." Why did I care? Why was I even asking? He was just some creepy pervert who broke into my house.

He looked at me for a few long seconds, it looked as if he was trying to figure me out. "It's hard to explain." He said. "What do your parent's do for a living?" He asked.

I took a few panicked steps away from him. "W-why?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Just trying to get to know you baby girl." He smirked and closed the distance between us.