Chapter Twelve

"You did what to your own daughter?" Ellie asks.

My dad goes a bright red. "I'm so sorry...." He started but is quickly cut off.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, she is your daughter and you should have been there for her." Ellie tells him sternly.

I laugh slightly and lean into her. "You know, I kinda actually like you." I whisper.

She smiles down at me, happy with my comment.

My dad grunts. "Oh so now that she's on your side you like her?" He narrows his eyes at me.

I shrug. "I only ever truly aimed my anger and hate at you. You are the one who made my mum cry. You have no idea how badly you hurt her. Yes I understand that Ellie is your mate and all, but could you not have comforted your own wife before going off and fucking your other woman?" I lean back into Ellie. "Sorry by the way." I whisper.

"No worries." She whispers back. "You are quite right."

"What?... You... Your... Huh?" My dad says. "You're supposed to be on my side." He wines.

"And who was on your daughters side when she was growing up? Huh?" Ellie counters.

"Berta was here with her...." Dad starts but cuts himself off.

Ellie looks at my dad confused. "Berta? Who is Berta?" She raises an eyebrow at him.

"Her name was Beatrice, and she was my nanny most of the time when they didn't leave me with one of their friends." I clarify for Ellie.

"YOU LEFT YOUR DAUGHTER WITH A NANNY? OR A FRIEND? WHAT THE FUCK DAVID?!" Ellie screams.

I can't help but start laughing, you see my dad was always the one in charge around here. He was in charge of me, mum, Beatrice, even his friend. It's quite funny seeing someone else dominate him.

Dad glares at me before turning back to Ellie. "I... We... I...Uhhhhh..." He isn't able to finish any sentences.

"Right, well you're trying to come up with an excuse, you can stay outside by yourself. While we all go inside." Ellie paused and turned to look at my mum, she gives her an awkward and sympathetic look. "If you'll have me that is?"

Mum smiles, and her smile is actually genuine. "Of course." Mum says and leads Ellie to the house. "I like seeing you stand up to him, thank you for that. I was never able to stand up to him." Mum admits as she lets Ellie go inside first.

I turn to see Scott who is still giving my dad the filthiest look. I smile at his need to protect me. I turn back to my dad who has a guilty look on his face.

"Tania.... I'm... You... I..." Dad starts.

I shake my head at him. "No, you do as Ellie says or I will rip you limb from limb, until you are so broken that not even HumpyDumpty himself can be as broken as you. I will cause you the kind of pain that you probably caused many innocent people like Scott, Ellie, and now myself." 

Dad glares at Scott. "You turned my daughter!?" I could see the rage bubbling inside of him.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Scott ready to hit him again. I reach my hand out to his arm, stopping him. "You have no right in caring if he turned me, you forfeited that right the countless times you ignored me and forced my own fucking mother to fucking ignore me." I spit at him in disgust.

"Watch your language, young lady." He says in a warning tone.

I laugh. "Or what you'll fucking ignore me? Hows about you watch your pathetic selfishness and I might consider not chopping your balls off and feeding them to you." I threaten. I heard both Scott and my dad gulp before I turn on my heel and walk inside the house. I smile at myself for being able to finally stand up to him.