1.

"Congratulations Mia. Your article was simply amazing. That was something Hadley would've written."

The words rolled around in my mind. I rolled my eyes and focused on the road in front of me. I had written that fucking article after all. The radio blared an old Blink-182 song, reminiscent of my childhood. I was nothing that magazine staff had thought I was. Maybe because I wasn't pierced, I had no tattoos, and my hair wasn't dyed some funky color. Yet I could write. I could write about Punk concerts they sent me to and my hate for Top 40. I didn't look the part, but damn I could play it so well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got up the next morning, still pissed that that stupid bitch had stolen my article. Everyone around us was so oblivious, only she and I had known what she had done.

After throwing a bandana around my dark brown hair and putting on a pair of skinny black ripped jeans and a red and black flannel, my worn out combat boots found themselves walking to my car.

The Seattle rain pounded down. It was days like these that I was thankful for parking garages. I drove a few miles before turning right towards what looked like an abandoned building. I made my way to the parking garage next to it and pulled into an empty spot, turning the white vehicle off, and bashing my head onto the steering wheel. I was not ready to walk in there.

After a couple of minutes, I grew the balls to go in. Everyone rushed around me, boxes in their hands. Those boxes happened to contain all of my belongings. My boss Jason saw me and waved me over.

"Jason, what the hell are they doing with my stuff?"

He gave me not even a sympathetic glance.

"We're sorry Hadley but your office is being given to Mia. That article she published yesterday showed how much research she put in. That thing must have taken forever."

"3 months," I mumbled under my breath.

"Anyway, we have given you an assignment that doesn't need an office this summer. You're going on Warped Tour."

A glimmer of hope sparkled in my eyes. They chose me of all people to do the one thing I wanted to from day one.

"Really?"

"Yeah. We offered it to Mia first but she tore down the idea right away."

I frowned. Of course they asked her first. The new golden girl. With my article.

"She also didn't want to hang out with the band because of their recent bad publicity."

My eyebrows furrowed.

"And who is it?"

Jason sighed.