Chapter Five

Chapter Five 

Mum and I stood behind the metal bar, staring over at the white, automatic double doors with excitement. Many other strangers reciprocated our feelings: although some were eagerly waiting for their relatives there was a large amount waiting for One Direction, well, Liam Payne and Harry Styles really. To them though, I was just another One Direction fan too. News was yet to travel about Liam and my relationship status and he wants to announce it to the world with me standing by his side.

The long wait allowed my thoughts to wonder and somehow drifted upon Diego. He hadn’t contacted me since three days ago when we met up and he…kissed me. It was strange though and I had a feeling his absence meant he was up to something.

Screams erupted all around us all of a sudden from girls and Mum nudged me.

“Look, they’re here,” Mum winked as Liam and Harry strut through the doors, pushing trolleys with their suitcases on. Within seconds, fans encircled them and I could no longer see them. Gasps filled the air as some fainted and others cried with happiness as the boys kindly greeted and signed autographs.

“They haven’t even been in Spain half an hour, heck we haven’t even left the airport.” I complained at how many fans surrounded them. “Mum, I’ll be right back.”

“Okay hun, just make sure you come back with them,” she laughed.

I advanced towards the crowd, shoving my way through to the core of the circle. Liam was too busy signing away to notice me standing in front of him beside the girl he was signing for, while Harry was facing the complete opposite way.

“Excuse me, can I have an autograph?” I voiced, biting my bottom lip to hold back my giggle.

“Yeah sure, who am I s…” He began, still signing the girls hand but trailed off when he looked up to see me. His lips curled into a wide grin and we gazed into each other’s eyes for what seemed like hours. My stomach fluttered and all I wanted to do was kiss him but I couldn’t do it here. How could I ever think I still loved Diego? “I’ve missed you, Emma” he whispered.

“It’s my turn now, sign my tissue please,” a girl with the appearance of a twelve year old moaned, slightly elbowing me. Harry turned around at that point and spotted me. He smiled and we greeted each other.

“Well, Mum’s waiting for us somewhere out there so I guess we better head over to her,” I claimed.

Eventually Harry, Liam and I made it over to Mum. She politely hugged the boys and smoothed down my blonde hair. Everyone always questioned why I looked like neither of my parents and that’s because they aren’t my real parents but that doesn’t matter. They love me and I love them; they treat me like I belong and that’s all that I care about.

We hurried to the car, practically running to it. We ended up diving into the seats where Mum took the driver’s seat of course, I sat next to her and the boys sat behind. Girls banged against the glass of the car windows and we all let out a breath. With careful precision Mum drove off, making sure not to hit any fans. Once we were at a safe distance away Mum slowed down so that the police don’t catch her for speeding.

“What a start! Great introduction to a country,” Harry commented, breaking into a laugh.

“It could’ve been ugly,” Liam replied. Ever the sensible one.

Mum dropped us off at the house before she headed off to her art studio. Her exhibition was a massive success two days ago. She made over twenty-three thousand pounds and yet she refuses to tell us what she’s going to do with it. Due to her first successful exhibition, she has another in about three weeks. She has a lot to work on.

“Make yourselves at home,” I muttered to the boys as I lead them into the living room. I picked up a pile of newspapers from the sofa and placed it on the already messy table which was covered with all sorts of clippings and Mum’s new art designs to make space for them to sit. I switched on the TV for them and wondered what Fausto and Ignacia were doing. Mum and I left them in Ignacia’s room where she was reading a book to him. Of course, she didn’t let us enter. Fausto came out of her room to tell us before we left for the airport.  “I’ll be back in a sec.”

I headed towards the door but Liam grabbed my elbow and flipped me back round. I placed the palm of my hands onto his chest to steady myself. He leaned forward just as I looked up to face him. My cheeks heated up as he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer. His large, soft lips merely brushed against mine and then he let go. It was only on mine for a second but it left it tingling. I really do like this guy.

“That’s all, off you go,” he teased, sticking his tongue out. It was a simple peck although I wanted more. “Maybe later, when we’re alone.” He answered to my unasked question.

“My turn now?” Harry joked. I left the room with a laugh after watching Liam pick up a newspaper, roll it up and whack Harry over the head with it.

I headed upstairs, taking every other step. I slowed down just before passing Ignaicia’s room since I heard faint mutters at first, only for her voice to increase in volume.

“…even here? Get out! I….downstairs,” I heard at first. Is she being horrible to Fausto? She’s never raised her voice at him before. I stopped completely and placed my ear on the edge of her door to hear more clearly. “Why did you follow me into my room? You were meant to wait downstairs. You’re here to piss Emma off, but you’re just annoying me now. Get the hell out, Diego!”

I let out a soft gasp and widened my eyes. What is Diego doing here?