Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Eventually we managed to pass the crowd and reporters, making it into the hotel with the aid of the security guard who we hadn’t seen earlier. When all the reporters and fans refused to let us go ten minutes after the announcement about Liam and I being together, two men in black helped us through, claiming to be security which they are. Once we got inside, we let out a deep breath.

“That was insane and congratulation mate. You finally plucked up the courage to tell her you love her.” Harry patted Liam on the back. I was too busy admiring the hotel lobby. The carpet was a deep red, to the left of us was a large golden desk with receptionists behind it and to our right was a door that I assumed led to the rooms. There was a lift besides the door and the lobby was humongous.

“C’mon, let’s go talk to the receptionist,” Liam said, changing the subject. We agreed and headed towards the smartly dressed woman behind the desk. She wore a white, frilly shirt with a black waistcoat on top. I couldn’t see anything else since the desk was in the way and she was sat down.

“Ahh, Liam Payne and Harry Styles,” she chirped with a bright glow to her face. Her blonde hair was placed in a neat bun, with no hair out of place and I noticed her nails were painted a bright red. Her bright green eyes smiled at each of us. She was very pretty. Her name tag had Poppy Henderson written across it. Her accent was foreign and she sounded from somewhere in America.

“Yes, that is us. We have rooms booked with our band mates. Can we know what rooms, please?” Liam asked politely as Harry just stared at Poppy with a smirk across his face. I felt, kind of, sorry for Ignacia. If he really likes her then he wouldn’t be ogling other girls.

“Erm, we have Liam, Zayn and Niall in one room. It’s the larger one. Room one-o-seven. And next door for Harry and Louis. Room one-o-eight,” she informed us with slight nerves, handing Liam and Harry a key each. “Louis has a key too but this is in case you leave one key in the room or misplace one. Please let us know of any theft or losses during your stay. Niall has another key to your room, Liam. Please enjoy your stay.” She gave the three of us smiles and we thanked her before heading towards the lift.

I gawked as we headed into the lift. It was quite big. We got out of the lift on the fifth floor. This floor also had a red carpet and in between the space of each door was a small table with flowers on top. The tables were golden. We hunted for the rooms and soon came across room hundred and seven. When he opened the door, he let me in first. The room was massive and it was only a living room sort of thing. There were two doors in either side of the room. In the centre of the room were three cream sofas set around a clear, glass coffee table. There was a wide-screen TV screwed onto the wall ahead. There was a wall to the left of the sofas with nothing but windows.

Just in front of the sofas was a massive box, decorated like a present in green, glittery paper. The box had a red bow on top and was larger than me. Harry was supposed to go to his room but when he spotted the shiny box he walked into the room with us. Next to this massive box was another box, smaller this time. It was the size of a shoe box and decorated in the same way. I strolled over to the boxes, examining the larger one first. There was a tag on the edge and it was for Harry. Why would a box for Harry be in this room? I frowned. I moved onto the smaller one and lifted it up. I tipped it to the side to find another tag with Liam’s name on it.

“Look, Liam, it’s for you!” I twirled around to face him with a smile on my face, portraying my excitement. He set his suitcase down by the sofas and took the box from me.

“Really?” He lifted the lid and found a plastic pigeon inside. I was so confused but both Harry and Liam just laughed. “Oh Kevin,” he chuckled.