Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

~ Liam’s Point Of View ~

I returned from the hospital cafeteria with two bottles of water (one for me and another for Harry because he looked like he needed it), a cup of warm tea and two packets of crisps in case they got hungry. I’m not sure how I felt about Ignacia. I mean, yeah maybe I should have let her explain that time she told me about cheating but then again what is there to explain? My insides wavered as I felt guilty for not supporting Ignacia. I couldn’t help it though, I really liked Emma at the time and the thought of someone hurting her pained me and now I like Emma even more.  As I entered the lift, there were already five teenagers in there; four of which were boys with two who looked like twins and one girl. There were two boys who had expressions of worry across their face while the girl just seemed moody and the twins looked nervous. I gulped as the lift shut and we were making our way up to third floor.

“This is so pointless; remind me again why we came to see her, Enrique?” The girl with the blonde hair moaned. She leaned into the corner, yawning as the lift doors closed.

“Stop whining. It’s your fault she’s here in the first place.” The boy called Enrique rolled his eyes. He said it through gritted teeth as though he was finding this girl annoying

“What? You’re the one that keeps them. How can this possibly be my fault?” She screamed obviously angry from his accusations. They both kept their voices low but were loud enough for me to hear.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry Laura. This isn’t your fault. I ––” Enrique trailed off. I noticed then that they were all dressed in dark colours and each of their tops were customised to have black cross diggers printed on the right hand corner in small print.

“You what? There’s no way out of this you know. Enrique?” Laura softened her voice, almost speaking in whispers. She appeared to be upset now. I acted as if I was too busy on my phone to hear into their conversation. The other boys with them remained silent and cringed a lot every time they spoke.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t curious about them. I found myself eager to find out what they were talking about. That’s where the phrase ‘curiosity killed the cat’ came into mind.

“Yeah?” he stared into her eyes, reciprocating the same sad feeling.

“Why do you care about her so much?” She sighed after the sentence.

The lift halted and we all jolted with the movement. The doors opened and I gave each of them a wary smile as they walked past me out of the lift. My heart lurched as I felt for the girl. She obviously liked this guy and he seemed to care about someone else more than her. Just as the door was about to shut I realised this was also the floor I need to get off.

I skilfully slid through the door before it crushed my body. I ended up walking behind the same boys and girl that were in the lift as I walked along the hallway.

“Why aren’t you answering me?” she begged, scolding at him. Their voices were very low though.

“Fine, I don’t care about her!” He grunted. The boy leaded the group as they walked; the Laura girl straggled behind him, while the other three followed them, keeping their heads down most of the time.

“Don’t lie to yourself,” a third voice came into play. It was one of the twins. “It’s okay to admit you care about her. It’s okay to admit you have feelings for her.”

Laura sent the boy who defended her a grateful smile. Although, she didn’t seem satisfied.

“Shut up guys! Stop using my name like that too. I think we’re almost here.” They stopped in front of the room Ignacia was in. I frowned in confusion.

“Shit!” Enrique muttered, doubling back out of the doorway. I was so close behind them that one of the boys nearly reversed into me but he stopped him time.

“C-can I help you?” I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows again. If my hands were free I would have put my fingers through my hair too.

“Nah, we’re good. Just got lost, that’s all,” Enrique answered as they walked around me and headed back the way we came. Strange.

I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly. I dismissed what happen just now and strolled into the room, my footsteps breaking the emotional silence in the room.