Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

I picked up the letter with my name on it and sat next to Dad on the sofa. Fausto sat on Dad’s lap, unaware of what was going on. Liam had his letter and he stood by the TV while Harry sat on the table. Mum stood by the living room door, her eyes rimmed with red and her cheeks puffed up. She had a glass of water on her hand yet she only took one sip out of it.

“Go on, open it,” Dad encouraged as I took a deep breath, afraid to open it. I gazed at him and he gave me a weak smile. I tore the envelop open and unfolded the piece of paper inside.

Emma

Knowing you, well the old you, the one that used to love and cherish me, the one to take me out of every trouble, you’re probably feeling guilty right now. Don’t worry though, none of this is your fault. The decision I have made is due to my own reflection. Everything that had happen, everything that broke our bond and friendship was my entire fault. All my fault due to one mistake: I shouldn’t have gone to that party or at least I should’ve gone with you

Actually maybe I was right the first time; I shouldn’t have gone and neither should have you. If you went, then Diego would’ve drugged you instead because I’m pretty sure that drink was for you. I love you Emma. Always have and always will. No matter what you think you are my best friend and sister all in one. When we were close you never did one thing wrong by my side. I was the one that did wrong.

What you have with Liam is special. Don’t ever let go. He’s a good guy. Look after yourselves and each other. Maybe we’ll meet again someday and hopefully you would have forgiven me by then, but I hope that meeting is a long way away because you deserve to live a good life. You deserve to be happy.

Love you always, so good bye and good luck.

Lost forever

 ~ Liam’s Point Of View ~

I watched for a while as Emma read her letter to herself, tears fully streaming out of her eyes. She refused to look up even though I was waiting for our eyes to meet. I decided it was time to open my letter. I slowly picked at the envelop, eventually opening the back. I pulled out a tiny piece of paper and unfolded it.

I love you

That’s all it had written inside.

~ Harry’s Point Of View ~

Just as Emma went to open her letter I examined mine. I ran my hand through the surface of the envelop, just over the part she wrote my name on. The envelop was golden, all of them were. Alana, Emma’s Mum, filled us in on their theory and my heart broke at the mention of death. I broke down but eventually I was in the mind state for the letters. Emma had handed one to Liam and me.

I turned the letter over and ripped it open, bracing myself for what is inside. I took a deep breath and unfolded the paper too.

Harry

I know you’ve had a lot to deal with and me behaving the way I did hasn’t helped much. I like you, Harry, I really do, just not the way you feel about me. And I’m sorry about that. My heart still belongs to another. You were the reason I came back to my senses. You’ve helped me more than you can imagine and I want to thank you for that.

I need you to stay strong for me, Harry, and whatever happens just smile. Stare at the stars and think of me. I’ll be there somewhere. Anyways, I love you, you’re like another brother to me. You might as well be since Fausto is a replica of you. You saved me but it’s time for me to go.

So goodbye and good luck, never forget me?

Lost forever

I looked away from the letter. The whole family were in tears and Liam held Emma in his embrace, constantly whispering something in her ear.

Stare at the stars and think of me. I’ll be there somewhere. Stare at the stars and think of me. I’ll be there somewhere. Stare at the stars and think of me. I’ll be there somewhere. Those words echoed in my brain. Does this really mean…she’s gone to kill herself?