Chapter Four

Chapter Four

~ Ignacia's Point Of View ~

As I entered the park, Emma was running out. I gasped: I was certain she would stop me and question why I wasn't at school. My heart rate even increased but then I noticed she was crying. I wanted to ask her if she was alright but why should I care? No one cares about me. We passed without saying a word to each other and I let out a sigh of relief.

I continued walking, increasing in pace in case Emma realised that I should be elsewhere. I rarely attend college anymore. I only go if I'm in the mood. As I scurried along, I knocked into a few people where I'd shout abuse and tell them to watch where they're going even though it's clearly my fault.

"Ignacia?" A familiar voice called after me as I passed a bench. I hadn't noticed he was there. I cringed and shivered in disgust before turning round to face him. 

"What? Don't think you've ruined my life enough already, Diego?" I spat, inching closer to him. My hood was still up so he could barely see my face. I hadn't seen Diego since that day at the party and he looked a lot rougher now with stubble growing on his chin and red rims around the perimeter of his eyes.

“Tell Emma that you were lying, that I didn’t do anything to you. We were just drunk.” Diego got straight to the point, wrapping his thin fingers around my arms, tightening his grip. “Tell her!”

“What makes you think you can threaten me into it?” It took all the energy in me to push the pain he put upon me aside and chuckle. I grit my teeth to stop myself from letting out a painful groan. He released my left arm only to pull my hood down. He placed his hand around my arm again and pulled me towards him, the tip of his nose touching mine. He was attempting to be scary.

“You get her to talk to me and I’ll keep your little secret from your family,” he sneered, almost whispering. He sounded like a maniac and I was slightly frightened then.

“And what might that be?” I laughed, trying to show authority.

“I know what you do instead of going to school like a good little girl.” He let go after pushing me back. Could I risk it? Do I actually believe him? But if it ever gets back to my parents only God’ll know what’ll happen to me. My parents might even ship me off to a completely new country. They’ve almost had enough of me.

“Fine whatever, I’ll let you know,” I settled on, concluding that he’s telling the truth and that he knows. I flipped around and headed in the direction I was earlier, towards the area of the park the gang were.

As I saw a group of five dark coloured figures surrounding a bench I gleamed with happiness and trudged over to them. They were all wearing clothes of the dark and baggy manner. Out of all of them I realised I wore the lightest with my grey hoody.  

“Oh, look who decided to show up?” Enrique teased, gesturing for the two on his right to shift along to make space for me. Laura sent me a glare as she slid down the bench along with Carlos. Carlos was dark in colour, almost near to milk chocolate but his eyes were a weird honey colour.

“Oh shut up and hand that over,” I slumped down next to him snatching a small metal flask from his hand, flicking the lid open and emptied the liquid into my mouth. Almost instantly I removed the bottle from my mouth and spat out the contents all over the glass. “Ergh, what the heck is that?”

“Vodka with a little cherry surprise,” Laura answered on his behalf, smirking as her dirty blonde hair fluttered with the wind. The sun had completely disappeared now.

“Let’s leave the cherry along with its surprise out next time,” I commented, rolling my eyes as Enrique placed an arm over my shoulders. He pulled me closer towards him. I glanced at his physique. You wouldn’t know he has a defined torso under that hoody since it was rather large even for his body. I absent-mindedly licked my lips thinking about his muscled stomach, which I’m all too familiar with.

“But I like it!” Enrique pointed out. I frowned into the air, not really looking at him. Although he claims I should be jealous due to all his admirers. He has quite a few girls after him, Laura being one of them with the general description of tall, dark and handsome. “Fine, next time I’ll just get Vodka for you.”

“When I said that before you told me to keep my mouth shut,” Laura moaned, her whiny voice already annoying me. That’s a record.

“He’s just going to tell you to shut your mouth again now.” Sam was telling the truth. He sat on Enrique’s other side while Jason, Sam’s twin brother, sat on the arm of the chair next to Sam. I let out a roar of laughter. They both looked almost identical with their blonde hair and blue eyes although Sam’s nose is larger than Jason’s.  The six of us made up the Black cross diggers, the infamous gang of terror. Jason passed around a joint.

“My parents aren’t home tonight so I was wondering if you wanted to hang.” Enrique ignored the others with a grunt and turned to me. I found myself gazing into his hazel eyes. By hang I knew he meant something more. I nodded with a smirk. Enrique and I are nothing more than friends but we just ‘do’ things for fun.