Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Twenty minutes later Liam returned from upstairs, a wondering smile across his face. He squeezed in between Harry and I on the sofa and placed an arm around my shoulder.

“Your brother amazes me. He’s so cute and adorable,” Liam complimented. I agreed with him while Harry told us both to shut up as he was engrossed in an action movie and our voices were disturbing him.

“So Liam,” I raised my voice and watched as Harry’s expression changed to frustration. Liam and me laughed through entertainment.

We continued to make noise for the sake of it to annoy Harry and he chucked the remote at us which just about scraped Liam’s shoulder. After that we messed about where Liam and I kept throwing the remote to each other, keeping it away from Harry’s reach, shouting “to me” and “to you” once in a while. A long while later, exhaustion took over our bodies and we all slumped onto the sofa with Harry sandwiched between Liam and me.

“Woah! It’s past eleven. Time flies by when you’re having fun,” Liam stated, glancing up at the clock on the wall in front of us.

“Mum was supposed to be here two hours ago. I hope she’s alright,” I groaned and internally panicked. “I better call my Mum in a bit.”

“So, what are the sleeping arrangements?” Liam and Harry yawned one after the other and Harry rubbed both his eyes.

“Guess you two will have to share this sofa for the night,” I announced, keeping a straight face.

“What?” That caught Harry’s attention and he was no longer staring at the TV. His eyes were wide with shock. “But this sofa is so small.”

“Well you’re kinda small too. Liam can sleep on the inside and you can on the outside because you’ll fit. Don’t worry, Fussy and I sometimes share the sofa if we can’t be bothered to make it upstairs so with you it’ll be no problem at all, Harry,” I teased.

“Are you being serious?” Liam asked, standing up. I couldn’t take it anymore and let out a laugh. They had such serious faces and scared looks on.

“No, I wasn’t,” I laughed, also standing up. “Up Harry, please” I ordered.

With confusion he stood up and I pulled up the sofa slightly and tugged at the edge, the sofa transforming into a sofa bed.

“Tada!” I gave a discrete bow.

“Well done babe, your magic will come in use one day,” Liam said with sarcasm. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, forcing me to turn to him. A smirk played on his face. “I really have missed you,” he whispered.

Harry already flopped back onto the sofa bed but we weren’t sure if he was watching us or the TV. We just ignored him for the while.

“I think you’ll find that I missed you more,” I whispered back, feeling the tingles all over my body.

“I don’t like liars,” he joked.

“Oh gosh, kiss already. I’m falling asleep watching you guys like that,” Harry moaned, his tone mixed with both humour and annoyance.

“You heard the guy,” I laughed and found myself leaning forward. He did the same just as I closed my eyes and our lips touched. A few minutes later my heart was left beating hard, I could almost feel it beat myself. My stomach fluttered with satisfaction as Liam and I parted.

“So…” Harry trailed off. “Can I have a go now?” He joked, stretching his lips for a kiss and making those smooching noises. Liam found a crumpled up piece of paper on the table as he searched the room with his eyes for something to throw at Harry and he chucked it at him. It smashed into Harry’s face and he just laughed, throwing it back at Liam but he missed as Liam ducked.

“Em, why can’t I just sleep in your room? Are you going to let me sleep next to that?” Liam joked as we both watched Harry topple over. He managed to roll off the sofa bed due to laughing so much and landed on the floor in a funny position so Liam and I chuckled even more.

“Because you can’t!”

“Why not?” He moaned.

“Because I’d like to live to see another day,” I answered, laughing to myself at the memory of Dad’s threat through the phone.

“What do you mean by that?” He was confused and sat down on the sofa, pulling me onto his lap.

“My parents would kill me.” I played with his hair. “Talking of parents, I should go call Mum.”

 I struggled to my feet again while Liam did all in his power to resist my driving force. In the end I tickled my way out of his grasp. My insides tingled. As I reached for the house phone to call Mum the front door pushed open. I walked out of the living room to see an exhausted Mum. Just on cue.

“Hey Mum, you Okay?” I smiled at her, taking the largest blank canvas from her hand as she toiled to walk along the hallway with two small canvases’ and a large one. We settled in the living room where we piled up the canvases on the already covered table.

“How are you boys’?” Mum asked politely as she sat on the edge of the sofa bed next to Harry who was lying on it. Mum looked at Liam after Harry replied and shock filled her face. “Oh no Liam, what happen to you?”

“Oh s ––” Liam began but I cut him off.

“Liam just slipped down the stairs and I cleaned him up. Nothing major,” I said quickly, hoping she didn’t realise the awkwardness.

“Are you sure? It doesn’t look like nothing.”

Liam gave me a wary look before answering her. “No, I’m fine: Just a few bruises and cuts.”

“Where’s Fausto?” She asked.

“Liam put him to bed,” I smiled feeling proud of him.

“Oh, really? He wasn’t any trouble was he? He usually just let’s Ignacia read to him before bed. Wasn’t she supposed to read to him?” Her face filled with confusion and I internally panicked.

“Err…Ignacia is still out Mum.” I played with my fingers, hoping that she doesn’t begin to shout.

Her response surprised me but I smiled. “Oh well, I’ll call her and find out where she is.”

She stood up and took her phone out, dialling Ignacia’s number. I thought Ignacia wouldn’t pick up because when Harry called earlier it just continued to ring but Mum had more luck. Few minutes later she got off the phone.

“It’s fine. She’s sleeping over at her friend’s house.” Mum felt satisfied but I wasn’t. Ignacia has no friends though, she lost them the night we went to that party.