Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

The place was crowded by the time we got there as it was a twenty-five minute walk to Luke’s house. The boys followed me as I searched for Luke to compliment him on a good party. I remember that Ignacia and I used to do that all the time where we’d immediately search for the host of the party and compliment them together. That memory made me smile. The place was set out exactly the way it was at his previous party. I held onto Liam’s hand, while the other boys followed behind us. I dragged him through tons of people. Eventually we found Luke and he thanked us, leaving us to the party as he went to the kitchen.

“I need to kinda use the toilet,” Liam whispered into my ear. I wondered why he didn’t go while we were at the hotel but dismissed that.

“It’s just up the stairs. You’ll find it easily,” I instructed. He nodded and told me he’ll be back as he headed towards the stairs. I wondered where Bruna and my other friends were.

“I think I might go get a drink and sit down.” I told the boys, hoping to find my friends by the drinks, when I turned around to face the boys only they weren’t there, well besides Harry. He was stood beside me. Louis had taken to the ‘dance floor’ while Niall headed in the direction of the Kitchen even though there was a table to our right with food and drinks on it. Zayn had found a girl to dance with. What the hell is he doing? Has he forgotten about Freya?

Harry and I headed to the table with the food and drinks and picked up a red cup each. I sighed with disappointment since Bruna, Carmen and Cecilia weren’t there. I guess they’re not here yet.   “Let’s go sit on that sofa,” Harry suggested and when I looked over at it I saw a girl faced down lying on it. Her left arm and leg hung over the edge quite loosely and her brown hair was all over the place. I gasped, suddenly recognising who she was.

“That’s Ignacia,” I squealed. “And she’s proper drunk.”

“Oh my god, it is!” Louis stated from behind me. I jumped because I hadn’t realised he was there. I thought he was at the dance floor. Louis shuffled forward and stood next to me. His eyes were wide as if he couldn’t believe what was in front of him. I wasn’t surprised by his reaction since he hadn’t seen her since we were in England and she acted quite sensible back there.

“This is a job for…superman!” Louis has torn his t-shirt in the middle to reveal a bare chest. “Damn! I forgot I wasn’t wearing my superman t-shirt underneath.” I chuckled at his dopiness. I didn’t know what to do about Ignacia. She never got this drunk at a party before, well the ones we’ve both attended. At most, she’d have two cups of beer.

Louis was about to run towards Ignacia but Harry placed a hand on his shoulder and held him back. As much as Louis tried to resist Harry’s force, he couldn’t. “Lou, don’t you think you should leave Emma to do this? It’s her sister after all.”

“But I was going to send for Kevin and his pigeon friends to help her out,” Louis moaned with a pout. He lowered his gaze to the floor.

“Seriously Louis, it’s not the time to joke around.” He turned to me with concern portrayed upon his face, “Go help her already.” He seemed raged. As I walked towards her on his command I felt Harry and Louis follow me. With as much energy I could muster I pulled her up into a seating position and sat down quickly on the sofa before she fell again. She groaned as I gently placed her head on my lap and stroked her hair. I didn’t know what I was doing but I had to do something to show Harry I cared because it’s true, I do care about Ignacia. It pained me to see her like this.

I glanced down at her face, almost in tears due to the state she’s in. How could things get this bad? Once upon a time, I knew everything about her. I knew where she was when she was there and what she was doing and how she felt. Now, I barely know anything about her. She’s become a stranger and I let this happen.