Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

~ Harry’s Point Of View ~

I opened my eyes, feeling quite warm and comfortable. Bright rays of sun shone down on my face as I squinted. The confortable feeling was quite strange. Usually, the sofa bed would leave me aching somewhere or other. I sat up, finally realising I wasn’t on the sofa bed. Nope I wasn’t on the sofa bed at all, I fell asleep on Ignacia’s bed. I looked to my right since Ignacia was lying there beside me before I had fallen asleep but that space was currently empty.

“Damn!” I whispered to myself. It would’ve been nice to see her there for a bit. I glanced at my wristwatch which was still on my wrist and panicked. It was already two pm in the afternoon. I must have slept here over night although it was merely seven pm when Ignacia returned home yesterday.

I smiled at the memory of it all. All we had done was kiss and lay beside each other. She hadn’t said much, in fact I had done all the talking after that but it was…refreshing. I mean, every relationship didn’t have to include intimacy right? Wait…what? Is this me really thinking that? But hey, nothing matters anymore, Ignacia is mine. The kiss must mean we’re in a relationship now. My insides tingled at the thought of it.

I got out of her bed, smoothing out my tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt before leaving her room. As I exited her room, Emma was passing by. Her cheeks were rosy and a glow of happiness dispersed around her. She was smiling too.

“Hey,” she chirped and stopped in front of me as I closed the bedroom door behind me.

“Hi,” I replied, smiling at her. “Where’s Ignacia?” There was something inside me that wanted to be by her side all the time. I was eager to seek her.

“Downstairs, I’m guessing. I think she got back half an hour ago. I’m surprised she let you in her room let alone let you stay there alone.” Emma raised an eyebrow, her smile still strong.

“What? No, Ignacia was there the whole time. She probably woke up in the morning or something,” I answered, confusion displayed amongst my face.

“Harry, Harry, Harry,” she chanted, patting my chest every time she said my name. “There’s a lot you need to learn about Ignacia. She rarely stays home, ever since Dad’s been away she spends most of her time outside. Last night she left the house around Eleven-ish and only returned half an hour ago like I said.”

“Are you serious? Where did she go?” I felt sad. How could she just leave me like that? Do I still mean nothing to her? I really should get those thoughts out of my mind, obviously I mean something to her since she was the one that kissed me.

Emma shrugged. “Probably the same place she went last time when you guys first came here when you couldn’t get a hold of her. Fussy said she went to her friend’s house. But I don’t know. As long as she keeps out of trouble and comes home with her health intact I don’t really care.” With that she ambled passed me and hummed to herself as she skipped down the stairs.

That really put me on a downer. Nonetheless I followed Emma down the stairs with less bounce to my steps. While Emma headed to the kitchen I walked into the living room. The first thing I noticed was Ignacia staring at Liam while his face was glued to the TV. Family Guy was on. This reminded me of the time when the guys told me how Ignacia and Liam spent a couple of hours watching Family Guy on his laptop on her first day in England.

“Finally, I can go change now,” Ignacia grunted, getting onto her feet. I dismissed the fact that she was staring at Liam because it was only brief, not long at all. As she slid passed me I heard her mumble to herself. “Might as well take a shower.”