The Girl In The Mask Ch.35

Ch.35

            A damp washcloth was on laid across my forehead when I finally came to. I was lying on my bed and I could feel someone lying down next to me. It was obvious as to who was there, but I made no move to turn toward him.

            “I know you’re not asleep Abby,” he moved so that he was bending over me. “Are you okay?”

            “I think so. I just panicked for a little bit.”

            “So, it was true.” he said sadly.

            “My father reacted to the note pretty bad.” I said nodding. “He said that he had found out that the Ministry was sending someone to Hogwarts. He thinks it's too close of a chance. If I got caught, then all of you guys would get in trouble too because they would find out you guys knew who I really was. I can't take that chance.” we both sighed at the same time as we laid down flat on our backs, staring at the ceiling.

            “So, what happened to Harry?” I asked him, remembering that Harry should have been taken to his trial a little earlier this morning.

            “We're not sure yet, they haven't come back. You'll never believe who our secret weapon is though.”

            “Who?”

            “A squib that has been watching over Harry since he first was sent to his aunt and uncle's house saw what had happened. Dumbledore is using her as a witness because she saw the dementors attack Harry's chubby cousin first.”

            “How do you know all this?”

            “I have my ways. You know, you never told me your birthday was tomorrow,” he told me with a smirk. I turned to him in surprise, knowing that I hadn't told anyone about this. I rarely celebrated my birthday, mainly because I never felt it had any purpose. My whole life I just kind of forgot about it.

            “Who told you about that?”

            “Let's just say that a little birdie told me.” I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. “Okay, so your dad sent me a letter telling me.”

            “And the truth comes out.”  I told him with a smile as I tried to sit up. I groaned before laying back down, waiting for the horrible pain in my head to stop.

            “Don’t try and get up love; you’ll just end up hurting yourself more. Do you want me to get you anything?”

            “I’m a little hungry.” I told him at the same time my stomach growled, causing me to turn a bright red.

            “Look, you’re brighter than my hair.” He said chuckling. “I’ll be right back.” He hurried off, but not before placing a kiss on my forehead.

            Once he was gone I turned my head and began to look at the pictures of my mom and her friends. I didn’t understand who could hate her so much that they would kill her and then threaten me. From everything I had heard about my mom, everyone had loved her, well apparently not everyone.

            The door creaked open, taking my attention away from the pictures. George had returned with a tray with two plates of waffles and two glasses of orange juice.

            “Since I haven’t left your side since you fainted, I’m pretty hungry too.” He explained as he settled back down on the bed. He placed the tray down on the bed just as I started to sit up. “I think you’re starting to win over my mum.” He said out of nowhere, handing me a plate of waffles and a fork.

            “And how did I do that?”

            “I’m not sure exactly, but when you came in she heard what you were telling me and saw how upset you were because you we couldn’t be together at school. For some reason, that began to change her opinion of you. She’s been talking about you every second; everyone was surprised by how suddenly she loved you.”

            “Yeah, I am too.” I placed my finished dish down on the tray. George was soon done as well, and he placed the tray on the side table.

            “Tomorrow we’re going to do something for your birthday.” He stated as I nestled closer to him.

            “That sounds great.”  I mumbled, feeling sleepy yet again for some reason.

            “I’m guessing we both need some more sleep.”

            “You didn’t sleep?”

            “Nope, I stayed up making sure you were perfectly okay,” he said with a yawn.

            “Then you need some rest.” I could feel my eyes begin to close as well. He pulled me close to him before we both drifted off into deep sleep.

            “Should we wake them up” a man’s voice said with humor.

            “Why would we?” asked a woman. They sounded very familiar.

            “Let’s just leave them alone,” said someone else.

            I could feel George start to stir next to me, causing me to start to come to.

            “What’s going on?” George said sleepily as we both opened our eyes to see that Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Charlie, and Fred were standing there frozen in shock.

            “Uhhhhhhhhh,” I picked up one of the extra pillows and threw it at Charlie since he was the closest. He hadn’t expected it and seemed shocked when it hit him straight in the face. “Why do we always get woken up like this.” I turned to bury my head in George’s chest.

            “No, no you two.” Mrs. Weasley said. “You’ve spent your whole day sleeping up here. We’re having family time tonight.” She said sternly before walking out of the room. the guys left with her, but not before Fred turned back and winked at us.

            “What was the wink supposed to mean?” I asked George.

            “I’m not sure.”

            “Aren’t you guys twins?” I asked. He paled a little.

            “I have no idea what he was thinking about.”