The Girl In The Mask Ch.21

PLEASE READ!!!

***It's my second upload today. I couldn't leave you without one more chapter before i leave. the next chapter will be a lot better, i promise. I'll give you a hint about what will happen since you've taken the time to read this header. if you haven't that's okay too. HINT: the final task is here and there's a lot more to it than how the actual story goes! Can't wait for you all to read it***

Ch. 21

            It was 5 in the morning, but the nightmare was too strong and kept waking me. I put on a white ruffled tank top that was tucked into a black lace skirt. I had on white heels, light pink lip gloss, mascara, and eyeliner. As I walked out of my room I grabbed my black purse since it was Hogsmeade today.

            “Couldn’t sleep?” Harry asked as I walked down the girl’s staircase.

            “You could say that, what about you?” he turned towards me with a pained expression.

            “Your dad was torturing someone again last night.” I turned to look at him, already knowing who was getting tortured. “There was a man apologizing and saying he didn’t mean what he said about someone. I’m guessing you know who he was considering you were at the ball.”

            “He tried to attack George and I reached him before he could. He started saying I was a traitor and that I had turned. Another person there that I’m okay friends with shut him up before he said anything else. My dad had him taken to him.”

            “Oh.”

            “This life isn’t easy Harry and you may not realize this, but my dad never asked for this. When he met my mom his life changed; he gave up the dark arts, he just didn’t realize it was too late for him. After my mom got murdered he killed the man. Something in him changed; sadly I can’t tell you everything Harry.”

            “Why exactly?”

            “The prophecy controls my dad. It also doesn’t let me tell you the whole story. I’m sorry Harry, I feel like I could help you so much but I can’t.”

            “It’s okay Abby.”

            “No it’s not. I can’t help you Harry, I won’t be able to. That’s what’s been killing me so much.”

            “No matter what happens you’ll still be one of my friends.” I smiled before giving him a hug.

            “Thanks.”

            “You’re both up super early.” Elena said, skipping over to us. “Do you guys want to grab some breakfast.”

            “Sure.” Harry and I got up and began walking downstairs with Elena.

            “Is there a reason you’re both up so early?”

            “Nightmares,” Harry and I said at the same time.

            “I see.” We sat down and began eating. When I saw Viktor and Salvador walk in I jumped out of my seat and ran over to him. I jumped on them; catching them completely off guard.

            “Is there a reason for you trying to knock us over?” Viktor asked.

            “Yes, I was hoping that Salvador made it out last night and I’m so happy that you’re in second place in the tournament Vik.” I whispered.

            “I heard about what happened. I’m glad you weren’t hurt at all.” Viktor said as George walked in with Fred and Lee. 

            “I’ve got to go.” I gave them one last hug before walking over to George. “Morning!”

            “What are you so happy about?” he asked with a smirk.

            “Today’s Hogsmeade and we get to go to Honeydukes.”

            “Oh yeah, I forgot about that,” he teased as he sat down to eat with the rest of us.

            “Sure he did,” Fred said, sitting down next to Elena.

            “Yeah, he sure didn’t talk about it the whole time he was getting ready this morning,” said Lee.

            “Thanks guys, it’s so nice of you to blurt out everything.” George rolled his eyes at them.

            “You’re welcome brother,” Fred had a large smirk on his face.

            “Let’s just get going,” George and I started our way down to the trains.

            “I think it was sweet,” I kissed him on the cheek when we got to our own compartment.

            “I’m glad you thought so.” He grimaced. “It’s almost the end of the year.”

            “Yes.”

            “I was wondering if you would like to come over to my house for the summer. That way you can meet the rest of my family.” A burst of excitement shot through me.

            “I would love to!” I threw my arms around him, causing him to chuckle.

            “You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say that.” By the time we reached Hogsmeade we were both laughing our heads off. One of the main reasons was because just seconds ago we had seen Fred run past our compartment laughing his head off. A second later Draco was hot on his tail; it looked as if someone had poured red paint and gold glitter on him. It didn’t take long before they past us again; Fred laughing like a manic and Draco looked as if he was ready to kill him.

            Our first stop was Honeydukes; where we went all out buying candy. As we walked over to Zonko’s next, we began to eat some of our Bertie’s every flavor beans. Before long Elena, Fred, and Lee showed up.

            “I’m here to steal my twin brother for a little while.”

            “Okay, but make sure you don’t blow anything up.” I kissed George once more before Elena and I went over to go shopping. “So how are you and Salvador?”

            “Amazing. I have to thank you though Abby; if you hadn’t come this year; I never would have met him or anyone we talk to now. I’d still be the insecure girl that hid from everyone.”

            “I have a feeling you would have found your place without me. Besides, I don’t understand why you never hung out with anyone. You’re such a great person.” I handed her a cute blue top to try on.

            “When you’re not that outgoing people tend to forget you exist; which is better than being bullied if you think about it.” She stepped out of the changing room and did a twirl. Before long we were standing in the checkout line.

            “I’m glad you ended up as my roommate.” She gave me a small smile before we headed over to the Three Broomsticks to get some butterbeer with the guys.

            “I can’t wait for the final task!” Lee said.

            “Seriously; all I want is for it to be over.” They understood what I meant and we changed the topic to what Fred had done to Draco. Apparently there were a lot of pictures we could use to blackmail him with.