The Girl In The Mask Ch.4

Ch.4

“I was wondering when you would finally appear. It's almost time for the student's to arrive.” a deep voice said as Severus opened up the door. Sitting behind a desk was a man with a long beard and twinkling eyes. The only name that came to my head was Albus Dumbledore, the only man my father feared, not because he was more powerful then my dad but because he felt shameful and guilty around him. “You must be Abigail, Severus never gave me your last name though.” he said.

“Yes, I don't use a last name,” he seemed confused but quickly pushed it off with another smile.

“Severus told me you live with your father though.”

“I do, but I refuse to use a last name,” he nodded before walking over and picking up a old hat that I guessed was the sorting hat that Draco had told me about. “This hat will tell you what house you will be in.” he placed the hat onto my head.

“You're hiding a very big secret that the prophecy can't hide from me. I won't be able to tell anyone don't worry.” the hat whispered, causing me to panic about how much it knew. “You don't belong in Hufflepuff. You're smart, but you don't want in Ravenclaw. You want to show you're different from what people think of your father, so not Slytherin. It must be... GRYFFINDOR!” I took the hat off with a large smile on my face. Severus seemed happy, while Dumbledore watched on confused, apparently Severus never really smiled once.

“You may go down to the feast now. I hope you enjoy Hogwarts Abigail.”

“Thanks,” both Severus and I left while Dumbledore stayed back a little longer.

“What did they hat say, you seemed tense?”

“Somehow the prophecy let him see the whole truth about everything.”

“Oh, I see now why you're nervous. It must be hard not being able to tell anyone, not even some of your friends.”

“Yeah, no one ever understands the truth, even the people I trust, like you,” I said. “All anyone can find out is who my parents are and that I'm not evil, nothing else otherwise the prophecy starts to control me.”

“Here we are, good luck. I saw you with the Weasley twins, be careful around those two.”

“Don't worry, I think we'll become good friends, I trust them,” I said as we walked into the crowd of people entering the great hall. “Bye.” I went over to where I saw the twins and Lee sitting. “Hey guy's,” I said as I slipped in between the twins while Lee sat across from me.

“Shouldn't you be getting ready to be sorted?” Fred asked as I noticed Harry and his friends sit near us. Another girl sat down near us as well.

“I did, I got sorted into Gryffindor!” the three of them had bright smiles.

“You must be Abigail, I'm Ginny,” said the ginger girl.

“Hi,” I shook her hand just as Professor McGonagall walked in with a trail of first years behind her. As students were sorted into Gryffindor I cheered with the rest of the house.

“I have only two words to say to you,” Headmaster Dumbledore said from his table. “Tuck in.”

I dug into the food that was all around us as Ginny and I started to talk about whatever came to mind. The boys continued to talk about pranks and food and Harry, Ron, and Hermione were talking about house elfs.

“So! Now that we are all fed and watered I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices.

“Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you.” blah, blah, blah, I honestly couldn't care less what the caretaker was banning. “It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year.” Dumbledore continued.