The Girl In The Mask Ch.26

Ch.26

            We landed in the middle of a forest; the light was leaking in through the canopy and giving everything a light glow. The blanket was laid on the ground with a picnic basket. A few feet in front of the basket were a river and waterfall.

            “How did you find this place?” I asked him in awe.

            “I used to come here when I was younger.” He sat down and I sat down next to him. “Hopefully you’re hungry.” I nodded as he pulled out a whole Italian meal.

            “You made all this?”

            “Yeah, I actually like to cook. Don’t tell Fred though, he’ll try to humiliate me.”

            “It’s a good thing you can cook, because I’m not the best cooker. I can bake though.” We spent the rest of the time joking and messing around after we finished eating.

Third person

            Mrs. Weasley stood there after Abby left, standing there in shock. She knew that she hadn’t been acting the nicest to Abby, but she didn’t know that Abby would figure that out. Mrs. Weasley was just worried that Abby would hurt her family, even though all her children and their friends adored her. She was still a Riddle, meaning that Mrs. Weasley would continue to be wary of her.

            Knowing it was wrong for her to spy; she still got out her wand and cast it on the pot in front of her. It let her look in on the couple, while they didn’t seem to notice anything. She had to admit that they did make a cute couple.

            Abby had just blown powder sugar on George’s face as they were eating dessert. She jumped up and began running off with George chasing after her.

            “What are you doing?” Mr. Weasley asked, coming into the kitchen and already knowing what she had been doing.

            “Nothing,” she moved to stand on front of the pot.

            “I bet,” he moved closer and looked into it. “I don’t see why you’re so worried. They’re in love you can tell when they look at each other.” They both turned to look and saw that George had caughter her and was leaning in to kiss her. Mr. Weasley looked down once more before giving Mrs. Weasley a knowing look as he walked out of the room.

            She looked down and watched as they laid down next to each other and were holding each other’s hands.

“I love you Abby, I don't care what my family thinks.” George said, gazing at Abby.

            “I love you too George, we'll go through this together,” he pulled her close and bent down towards her.

            “No matter what,” they both began to lean in just as Mrs. Weasley stopped the spell. She sighed as she twisted the wedding ring around her finger. She knew they loved each other, but she was still worried about what would happen when the final battle came and what side Abby would take. She knew Abby was powerful and by what Dumbledore had said, she was more powerful than You-Know-Who, Dumbledore, and her mother combined.

Regular P.O.V.

            It was about 10:30 at night when we decided to head back. I had to say that this trip was a lot of fun and much needed after this long year. George grabbed my hand before we apparated back to his house. Everyone seemed to have gone to sleep, so we crept into the house and headed up stairs. When I got to Ginny’s room I stopped.

            “Thanks for tonight.” I kissed him once before heading into my room. I changed into a tank top and short shorts before getting into bed. I had no luck at going to sleep and continued to toss and turn for a little while. The door creaked open softly; soon I felt someone sit down on the mattress.

            “Couldn’t get to sleep either?” I heard George whisper.

            “No,” his arms wrapped around me and soon I began to fall asleep.

            “Aren’t they cute,” I could hear Fred say.     

            “I know right,” Ginny said, giggling. I heard the creak as another person entered the room.

            “What are you guys doing?” Mrs. Weasley asked, and then paused.

            “You got to admit that George seems happier when he’s around her.” Fred told Mrs. Weasley. “We should just leave them alone mum.” I heard three pairs of feet walking out of the room until there was finally silence.

            “She’s still not happy is she?” George muttered to himself, not knowing I was awake as well.

            “No, but at least she didn’t start yelling.” I turned to face him and saw that he was smiling down at me.

            “That’s true.”

            “Now get out, I have to get changed.” He sighed before leaving the room. I got up quickly so that I could grab my clothes and take my shower quick. Afterward I put on a white shirt with the words “Wild and Free”, a pair of black jeans, black heeled boots, and lightning bolt earrings. I had some pink lip gloss and some mascara.

            Once I was ready I went downstairs where I could smell food being cooked. Everyone was down around the table as Mrs. Weasley was handing out waffles. As soon as I walked in Ginny waved me over to the empty seat next to her. I grabbed a pancake, put powdered sugar on it and drizzled some syrup on it.

            “Did you sleep well last night?” asked Fred with a smirk.

            “Wonderful actually,” I took a bite of the waffles just as Ginny started talking.

            “I was wondering if you could take me shopping.”

            “I’m guessing you want to impress Harry.” She blushed a deep red. “I’ll make sure I take you tomorrow. I have one of my meetings today.” She nodded, but I noticed that their mom turned towards me when I said that. 

            “That’s fine.”

            “Actually, I was wondering if you, Fred, and George wanted to come see my house.” Fred and George’s heads shoot up while Mrs. Weasley just continued to stare at me.

            “Really?”

            “Yeah, if you guys want that is.”

            “I want to.” Said Ginny.

            “We’re coming.” Fred and George said at the same time.

            “Can they come Mrs. Weasley?” I asked. She nodded hesitantly.

            “Make sure that you’re back before 4 and make sure that you all stay safe.” She said.

            “Yeah!” Ginny jumped up. “Let’s go, let’s go.”

            “Just wait, I have to finish eating.” She sighed before sitting back down next to me. A few minutes later and I was ready to go. “Everyone ready to go?” I asked them; all of them nodded and I held out my hands to them. George grabbed one of my hands while Ginny latched onto my other. Fred grabbed onto Ginny and we began to apparate. We landed outside my house and heard their gasps as they took the house in.