The Girl In The Mask Ch.6

Ch.6

It was Monday morning, lucky for me George had forgotten to ask me about Saturday night. You have no idea how happy I was about that since I had no idea how I was going to explain that. We were now sitting at the Gryffindor table, waiting for our timetables to be handed out. Just as Professor McGonagall had given me mine and walked away the owls flew in. One of them dived towards me, landing on my arm I had outstretched for it after it dropped the package in front of me.

The owl was a dark honey color that I called Gemma. After handing it a piece of toast in front of me it flew off with a playful nip at my fingertips. “What you get?” asked Ginny.

“Don't know,” I answered her as I ripped open the package, looking down at all the pastries and sweets my dad must have sent me. “Here, you guys can have some. I won't be able to eat it all,” I said, laughing at the thrilled faces of my five friends.

“Thanks Abby,” Fred and George said through a mouth full of chocolate frog. I laughed at them before grabbing a pumpkin pastry. A couple seats down I noticed Harry, Ron, and Hermione watching us.

“Do you want any?” I asked them, a small genuine smile on my face. I had decided to be nicer to them, hoping they would respond to that.

“Sure!” Ron said, but just as he was about to grab a licorice wand Harry pulled him back and whispered something in his ear. Hermione gave me a small smile before turning back to the boys.

“Well at least you tried,” George whispered to me.

“I guess, so what class do we have first?” I asked, grabbing myself a few sherbert lemons.

“Potions,” groaned Fred, George, and Lee.

“I've got Care of magical Creatures,” said Elena. “Then Divination.”

“I have Potions first then Divination,” I said.

“So do we,” said Fred and George.

“Then Defense Against the Dark Arts, Free period and lastly I have Muggle Studies.” I finished talking, then picked up my box of candy, waving my wand to shriek them so the box would fit in my bag.

“We should be going to Potions. We don't need Snape to take any points off,” said Lee.

“Bye Elena, Ginny,” I waved at them before leaving with my other friends. “How is Potion's that bad?” I asked them as we got closer to the classroom.

“Snape,” the three of the shuddered. “He's a greasy haired git,” explained Lee. I wanted to stand up for my friend but that would surely get me caught.

“He's not that bad, I know him.”

“How?” asked George.

“Old family friend. Anyway, you realize we have one minute before we're considered late?” we began rushing down the hall until we finally reached the Potion's classroom just in time. Fred sat with Lee and George with me at the table next to them.

“Hello class, today we will be working on the Bulbadox Powder, it causes who ever touches it to break out in boils.” Professor Snape said. “You may begin now.”

I set up my station next to George, making sure I had all my ingredients out. Halfway through the class I was finished. “I'm done Professor.” some of the students heads popped up since they were excepting me to be told something was wrong with it.

“Perfect, great job Abigail. 10 points to Gryffindor.” as he walked away I smirked at the stunned faces of my classmates.

“How did you get on such good terms with Snape?”

“I told you I knew him. He's a close friend.” George continued working on his potion. “Aren't you done yet?”

“Yeah, I'm done that's why I'm still working,” he said sarcastically.

“Don't use that tone with me,” I stuck my tongue out at him, punching him playfully in the arm.

“Whatever.”

“Can I help?” I begged, no longer able to stand not doing anything since I had already finished most of my homework since it was actually very easy.

“You seriously want to help me?”

“Duh,” I grabbed the next ingredient, cutting it into slices before tossing it in the cauldron.

“Fine,” the rest of class we messed around, in the end he handed in an almost perfect potion that Severus didn't comment on. Later on that afternoon, right after lunch we all headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

“I can't wait to see what Mad Eye teaches us.” said Lee.

“Yeah, he's really experienced everything,” Fred said. “Been out in the field.” they all continued talking about how exciting this class was going to be, yet I was the only person here that knew Mad Eye Moody wasn't actually the person teaching us. It was going to be Barty who was teaching us. To be honest all these secrets were hurting me, before it didn't matter since I wasn't really around lots of people. Now keeping all these secrets away from the people I had begun to trust was really hard for me.

The whole class was about the unforgivable curses, not that I cared. Some students were tearing up while others were laughing or screaming when the spider flew their way. The spider flew towards Elena who was sitting next to me, she screeched as it got near her. When it came near me I didn't even make a sound. I'd seen this curse preformed many times as well as the other two. I'd even used them before.

The end of the day soon came, leaving me to go to bed. Looking forward to October, the day Durmstrang would be arriving.

Third Person

Harry sat in his room talking with Ron when Hedwig tapped against window. He quickly let her in, hoping that Sirius had responded to his letter telling him about Abigail and Persephone Black, someone she claimed was her mother. Harry wasn't so sure Persephone even existed, but that was another reason he sent the letter, he wanted to see how she knew all this.

He quickly took the letter from Hedwig, excitement radiating from him when he saw the letter was from Sirius. Ron sat next to him so he could read the letter as well.

“What does it say?” Ron asked, trying to take a peek at the letter in Harry's hand.

Harry,

I'm not sure what to say about your last letter. I guess I'll start off by telling you who Persephone Black was. She was my older sister, but she was like me, she didn't try to suck up to my parents or family. She ended up in Ravenclaw, yet my family still considered her the most important part of the family. Even though they treated her so much better she always tried to stick up for me. She was my favorite family member until one day she disappeared. No one knew where she had gone, we still don't. No one heard from her since that day.

The last day I saw Persephone she told me to always stick up for what I believed in and not to fall into my parents trap. She told me to be me and not to try to please my parents because it wasn't even worth it. It hurt when she was gone, yet I've always tried to remember her.

I was wondering if you could send me a picture of Abigail to see if I notice any similarities between Persephone and her.

Snuffles

Harry and Ron sat reading the letter in awe, neither one knowing what to say. Either Abigail knew a lot about the Black family or Persephone Black ended up running away with a guy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***I decided to tell you a little about Abigail's mom. My school will be starting soon so i won't be able to update as quick, but i will still continue the story.

The mask is from the last chapter though the picture is a little blury****