The Girl In The Mask Ch.23

Ch.23

“You don't scare me Beelez; you have no idea the power I possess.”

“Actually, you have no idea the power I have. I may not have the evidence for the ministry to believe me now, but once I defeat you everything will go perfectly.”

“I think you're underestimating me.” my wand was in my hand before he could even blink an eyes. He seemed a little startled by how quickly I had it in my hand, but that didn't make him back down.

            “Confringo!” he shouted. I ducked as the gravestone behind me was blasted apart into pieces.

            “Petrificus Totalus!” I already knew he would block it and I immediately said “Sectumsempra!” his skin was covered in red slashes; letting the blood run out and he fell onto the ground in pain. “Now why are you so obsessed with killing me?”

            “Your father killed my brother!” he yelled, trying to pull himself to his feet, but completely failing.

            “How do you know he's my dad.” realizing what he meant.

            “I was friends with your mother when she was at school, but she ran off with him!”

            “You deserve the pain you're in,” I hissed. “You helped plan the death of my mom!” I pointed my wand at him one last time as I realized what he was talking about.

            “Please! Please don't do this.”

            “Avad-” Severus pulled me away from Beelez's body.

            “Don't do this Abby, he's not worth it” I realized that tears had started to build up.

            “He's the reason my family is a wreck.” I pushed Severus out of the way before shouting the spell once more. I watched with horror as I saw what I had truly done. Laying there was a man I had taken the life of laying in a puddle of his own blood. I fell to the ground, a sob making it's way out.

            “It's okay Abby, It's okay.” Severus held me as I cried.

            “I don't want to become evil; this isn't what I want.”

            “I know, you'll be okay.” he took my wand and erased the memory of the last spell used. “I'm going to take you to George. It's okay, Harry understands what happened and he doesn't blame you either. Let's just go home.” I nodded, but glanced once more at the body. We suddenly appeared near the forbidden forest.

            I gave a flick of my wand and changed into my regular clothes. When I turned back to Severus I noticed him looking back at the quidditch field where everyone would be awaiting the winner. I made an effort to wipe the tears, but I knew I was still in hysterics. It was true that I had tortured many people before this, but never had I actually gone and killed someone like this. I knew that I had done it to protect many people because all my friends would be put on trial for helping me this whole year. This wasn't the only thing bothering me though.

            What was bothering me was that people had actually planned on killing my mother; they were the reason my life was like this. They had ripped us apart and I already knew that there were more people who were responsible for the death of my mom.

            “There was a group of people that tried to kill my mom wasn't there?” I asked Severus. He looked down at me sadly and nodded.

            “There were a lot of people that were planning on killing her just because they thought she had too much power; they all thought she was a threat to them. After they had killed your mother they were going to kill you as well, but your dad killed the first guy that had his wand pointed at you. The rest of the people ran as soon as Beelez's brother screamed.” I looked down at my feet, thinking. “You’re going to try and hunt them down aren’t you?”

            “I would dig into this too far. It’s just that if I have the opportunity to kill them for what they’ve done, I will.” I knew what I was saying was wrong, but it came out quickly and I knew it was the truth.

            “We should get going.” we walked quickly up to the stadium. He waited as I ran up to where my friends were waiting.

            “Abby!” Elena said as she caught sight of me, her smile disappearing as I reached them and they saw my tears I had worked to hide.

            “What's wrong?” George asked; pulling me close to him.

            “It wasn't supposed to happen like this.” cheering erupted as Harry appeared; disappearing as everyone rushed over to where Harry was crying over a body. I already knew who it was and when George let go of me so he could look closer, everything began to fade. That was all I remembered before I dropped like a stone; the last thing I can remember is arms wrapping around me as I fell into never ending blackness.

Dream:

            I wasn't entirely sure where I was, but all I could see was endless green grass with gnarly leafless trees.

            “I always liked to come here when I was younger. Tom would always come here to spend time with me when we didn't want anyone to bother us. He was always a gentleman though; I think that's why I fell in love with him even though he didn't have the best past. He always loved me and would do anything to protect me.” I turned around to see my mother. Her long black hair went down in curls like mine and her bright green eyes seemed to shine with playfulness. She wore a dark green gown that flared at the bottom.

            “Mom?” I asked hesitantly. She nodded before I ran over and hugged her. “They took you away from me; they ruined our family.” she kissed my forehead.

            “I know, but all of this is almost over. You've done so well sweetheart and I'm so proud of you.”

            “I'm afraid of what's going to happen when dad's gone. I don't want to lose my family.”

            “You already gained a new family. You have Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Fred, Elena, Lee, Ron, and most importantly George. Draco, Salvador, Viktor and Severus will always be there for you too. Right now you need to return to the real world. Just remember I love you and that I'll always be watching over you. I almost forgot, you and George have many trials ahead of you, but don't give up; you're perfect for each other.”