The Girl In The Mask Ch.18

Ch. 18

            A couple weeks have passed since Christmas and no words could describe how great it was to be normal for a while even though it wouldn’t last. Beelez was still here and I’ve begun to notice how he’s been watching me closely. It was that reason that prevented me from being able to visit my father. He understood and didn’t force me to visit, but I was going to have to visit him tonight after the next task.

            I put on dark blue jeans, a white tank, and a pink crop top that had the word Pineapple written across it. My heels were shorter than usual and were pink. I include a white jacket and a navy clutch. My makeup was a little blush and some pink lipgloss.

            “Morning, love. Do you want to go get some breakfast?” George wrapped his arm around my waist while Fred threw his arm around my shoulder just as Harry ran up to us.

            “Have you seen Ron or Hermione?”

            “Sorry mate, we haven’t” Fred said. “Good luck during you task though, we’re all voting for you.” He nodded before running off. George watched my facial expression closely to see if I knew what was going on.

            “Why don’t you go ahead, Fred?” Fred looked between George and me before nodding and walking off reluctantly. “What’s wrong?” he asked. I had told him that my father was letting me in on what each task was and that he had told me that someone was trying to mess with the competition a while ago. He had told me that he understood that I couldn’t say anything to anyone because it would give away who I was and put a lot of people in danger. It was nice to know that he was always there for me.

            “Hermione and Ron are part of the actual task.” I whispered and led him over to the corner of the room away from a few students that were sitting there talking.

            “What!” George asked, seeming to be surprised even though he had figured I would say something like this.

            “Yeah, they’ll be okay though. My dad wants harry to actual win for some reason.” George nodded even though it was clear he was confused about the reason why.

            “Besides, my dad and his followers didn’t do anything to the competition. They’ll be perfectly fine George. Let’s go get some breakfast.” He had calmed down and began to walk down to the great hall with me.

            “Hey, Abby!” Salvador said as he ran up to me. “How are you doing?” He gave me a hug.

            “Great, is Viktor ready for the task yet?” He smiled before saying he had to run off because Viktor had been trying to prepare for the task. “Good luck!” I yelled after him. He waved once before disappearing.

            “Do they know what the task is?” George asked, intertwining our fingers as we walked into the great hall.

            “Nope, just like I’m not going to be telling anyone. That kind of ruins the whole competition.” I smirked before sitting down next to Elena. George sat down right after me so that he was sitting in front of Fred.

            “Oh course it does.” George said sarcastically before pecking me on the cheek.

            “STOP!!!!” Lee and Fred shouted. Elena, George, and I rolled our eyes and laughed at their horrified expressions.

            “You do realize that that was just a kiss on the cheek.” Elena said, still chuckling to herself.

            “Still!” Lee moaned.

            “We need to get you a girlfriend,” George said, watching Lee’s expression. Surprisingly we all saw him blush slightly and become embarrassed.

            “Who is she?” I asked.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said, looking down at the food on his plate.

            “Hi Fred, I’ll see later right?” Angelina said, popping up out of nowhere. Alicia was right behind her.

            “Of course I will, love.” Fred pecked her on the cheek.

            “STOP!!!” Elena, George, and I moaned playfully like Fred and Lee had just seconds ago.

            “Um, bye Lee,” Alicia waved as she and Angelina walked off. Lee had a large smile on his face, pretty much answering our question.

            “You like Alicia!” I squealed. Everyone laughed at how my voice sounded; even Lee cracked a smile.

            “Shut up, let’s go get seats.” We all agreed and raced each other outside. Professors were outside, making sure that we were all getting loaded into boats. Elena, George, and I got in one boat and Fred and Lee got in another. Once we reached the stands that were floating in the middle of the black lake, we all loaded up into the stands.

            “Over here you guys!” Salvador shouted down at us as we began looking for seats. Sal gave Elena a hug before telling us to sit down. “It’s just about to start.” I glanced around and caught Draco’s eye. He was sitting with the rest of his friends, but he didn't seem to be that happy that Pansy was sitting next to him. He smiled and winked before turning back to talk to a few of his other friends.

            “It's starting,” Salvador said after a little while; interuppting our conversations. We turned just in time to see Viktor turn into a shark and dive into the water. Cedric and Fluer quickly followed until Harry was left there choking.

            “What's going on?” I said out load, knowing that there would be no answer. Everyone waas watching him to see what was going on.

            “Is he okay?” asked Lee. Harry fell into the water; causing the whole crowd to jump to their feet. Just as we were about to send someone in after him he jumped into the air and we noticed that there were fins and gills that had appeared on him. The plan was going great, hopefully he would continue passing without harming himself.

            After a few minutes had passed, Fleur had come back up to the surface and was beginning to sob about not being able to save her sister. The time continued to tick by as I became more anxious. George wrapped his arms around me.

            “They'll all be fine, love, they'll be fine,” I could tell he was anxious too since he saw me reacting like this. It wasn't that I was nervous about them not making it in time, I just kept thinking back to the dream I'd had a while ago. I just couldn't get over the fact that I was getting closer and closer to losing my father.

            After a few minutes I noticed that Viktor had emerged with Hermione. Salvador and I jumped out of our seats and walked quickly over to them. I threw my arms around Viktor as he was wrapped in a towel.

            “I see that you were a bit anxious,” he told me; smirking at me.

            “Oh, shut up; I was just a tad bit nervous. Besides; congratulations on getting first place this round.” He laughed before I hugged Hermione. “I hope you were okay with what happened.”

            “It was fine; better than I thought.” Hermione laughed and refused to let me go.

            “You can let go now,” I told her.

            “No thanks, I’m still cold.” Behind them I saw Cedric and Cho Chang emerge from the water. There was still no sign of Harry.

            “Where could he be?” I murmured to myself. “I’ll see you later Hermione, I want to go sit next to Fred and George. She waved as I ran over to them. I was beginning to panic even more. I tried to forget everything as George wrapped his arms around me. The only thought going through my mind was, Harry should have been back by now.