The Girl In The Mask Ch.2

Ch.2

A few days ago had been the Quidditch cup, since then my father had finally decided to let me go to Hogwarts with other people my age. Some death eaters think it's because I'm supposed to help Barty on his mission to get Harry to touch the Tri-Wizard Tournament cup during the competition coming up later this year. They believe I'm supposed to get the hat to put me in Gryffindor, which is actually the house that my father wants me to get into.

Tonight will be the last night before I leave for Hogwarts tomorrow morning, tonight will also be the last minute meeting with the Malfoy's and Barty. Some people may think that I'm nuts because I enjoy dressing up for these types of meeting, but I couldn't think of wearing something plain.

I finally decided on a red one shoulder mermaid gown. Across the one strap was a ruffle heart detail. My straight ink black hair was flowing down my back, while my face was glittering even if a small amount of moonlight hit it because of my makeup. The dress was accompanied by a silver ring and a few bracelets as well as a pair of silver high heels.

As I walked down the marble stairs and towards the fireplace so I called get to the Malfoy manor I remembered my custom made mask. It was white with silver detailing over it, overall I looked very elegant as usual. Once I managed to fit myself and the train of the dress into the fireplace I threw down some floo powder. “Malfoy manor,” I said in the stern tone that I used during most meetings. I landed with the small thud of my heels hitting the wooden flooring. After my feet were firmly planted on the ground I began to walk over to the dining room, which was where everyone would most likely be at.

“Abigail, you look very beautiful tonight,” my father said from his seat as I stepped into the room. He still didn't have a full body yet, but most people were still loyal to him.

“Thank you father, it's good to see you,” I walked to the seat to the right of him before sitting down. The others in the room were standing up and bowing as they always did. Narcissa, Lucius, and Barty were the only ones here for this meeting since Draco was not allowed to know anything about what was going to happen at Hogwarts.

“Welcome back to our home Princess,” Lucius told me before he and the rest of them sat back down in their seats.

“Thank you Lucius. What are we here to talk about father?” I asked formally.

“We're here to talk about the mission,” my father then began to explain what Barty would be doing the whole time at Hogwarts. He would be disguising himself as the ex-auror Mad Eye Moody and making sure that Harry would get his name entered into the tournament. Barty would have to help Harry get to the final maze and make sure he's able to touch the cup. Even though I knew my father would die soon he wanted to at least get his body back before he was killed. I supported that decision since I knew Harry wouldn't be killed or anything for my father to achieve this. All we were going to need was some of his blood.

“You are all dismissed. Abigail stay back for a minute, we have some things to discuss,” I nodded before sitting back down again. The others left as quick as they could, once they were gone I locked the doors and cast a spell to make sure no one would overhear us since I could still us magic at this point. “We've been through so much,” my father sighed.

“I know, we only have a few years left together,” I told him. “I'm starting to think me going to Hogwarts is a bad idea, maybe I should stay and spend more time together with you.”

“No my dear, you'll need friends to help you after I'm gone. You'll need people that will stand by you no matter what. You shouldn't tell anyone who you are at first, that way no one will judge you. Once you think you can trust them you may tell that person who you really are. If they turn on you then just erase their memory and stay away from them.”