The Girl In The Mask Ch.28

sorry for the wait again

Ch.28

One Week Later

            “You ready to go?” George asked as he walked into the Ginny’s room. I was just zipping up my suitcases.

            “Yes, I can’t wait until I can meet Sirus!”

            “Yeah, I have to admit I thought he was a murderer up until a little while ago.”

            “I never had a doubt in my mind that he was innocent.” I said with a smirk when I saw his eyebrows raised.

            “I wonder why.” I laughed at him before handing one of my suitcases.

            “Hurry it up; I want to meet my uncle.” I tried to push him out of the room, but it was a little hard considering he’s a quidditch player.

            “You aren’t the strong, love.” I stuck my tongue out at him before running down the stairs; George was following quickly from behind me. 

            “You both ready?” asked Mrs. Weasley when we got down.

            “Yes,” so far she hadn’t been making any direct accusations, but I knew she was watching me at points.

            Everyone else was waiting down in the living room as well. I squealed when I saw Hermione was here. “Hermione, when did you get here!” I threw my arms around her and gave her a hug.

            “I got here really early this morning. We have so much to talk about!” she said with a huge smile.

            “Defiantly!”

            “Starting with how you and George get away with him sneaking into your bed every night without Mrs. Weasley killing you.” She whispered in my ear. I giggled softly before we all turned our attention to Mr. Weasley.

            “We’re going to have to all link arms so that I can get you to the house.” we all nodded before grabbing our bags and linking arms with each other. “When we land you have to read a piece of paper so that you can see it.”

            A familiar rush of air squeezed us tightly as we apparated away. It was still dark out considering it was barley dawn yet. It was a dark neighborhood, but I couldn't spot 13 Grimmauld place. “Here,” George handed me the piece of paper to read then pass onto to Hermione; who was the last person to read it. In front of us the buildings began to separate to reveal another building in between them.

            We all walked up to the door and it was opened by Dumbledore. “It's good to see you all got here safely, come in, come in. As soon as we were all in the narrow hallway the door shut behind us. I looked around in awe at the huge home, while in disgust when I saw the house elf heads . While we looked around I noticed that someone was staring at me. When I turned to see who it was I recognized Sirius. He had shaggy black hair and a tired face, but there was something that still made him handsome in a way. Everyone turned to see who I was looking at, causing Mr. and Mrs. Weasley to begin talking to him quietly.

            “You're nervous aren't you?” George asked as he pulled me into a hug.

            “You could say that.” he pulled away and kissed my forehead.

            “Go talk to him,” I gave him a small smile before watching everyone, but Sirius head upstairs.

            “You look just like your mother,” I heard him whisper. I turned to look at him.

            “My dad tells me that every time I see him.” his eyes hardened, but softened quickly.

            “He’s right about that. Do you want me to tell you some more about your family?”

            “Yeah, I’d love that.” He led the way down the main hallway.

            “I had one younger brother and one older sister; your mother. My brother and I didn’t get along very much, but your mom and I would do anything for each other. My parents had hated me ever since I got into Griffindor; of course you mother had been placed into that same house many years before me. They always spoiled her even though she hated the dark arts that they believed in. She didn’t care what they thought about her and would stick up for me no matter what.

            “Persephone had a way of understanding everyone and always knew what to say. Somehow she got involved with your father when she was at school. Every summer she would come home, but she never told anyone except for me. She would go on about how in love she was and how she couldn’t wait to see him again. Before she left for her last year at Hogwarts she told me that she wouldn’t be coming back home.

            “She went on about how much she loved me and that I she always follow my heart. It was the last time I saw her; after that my parents became harsher towards me because they wanted me to live up to their expectations since Persephone was gone. They had done all they could to find her, but somehow she had completely disappeared and that wasn’t anyway to track her, no matter how much money my parents used to try to find her.” Sirius looked down at me with pain. “None of us gave up on her; we believed that we would reunite on day.” We stopped in front of a painting that had a curtain in front of it.

            “What’s underneath it?” I asked him.

            “This is your grandmother.” He told me and opened the curtain with a flick of his wand. In the portrait a stern older woman opened her mouth to begin yelling. Her mouth closed as quickly as it opened when she caught sight of me.

            “Persephone?” she asked hopefully.

            “No, I’m her daughter, Abigail.” Her eyes widened with happiness when I said this, but quickly turned to sadness.

            “Persephone has been gone a long time hasn’t she?”

            “Yes, she died a little after I was born.”

            “I’m sure she very proud of you and all you must have been through to end up here.”

            “She tells me that when she enters my dreams at points. I just wish I could see her in person.” Sirius seemed shocked that I had been able to talk to her in the first place, but my grandmother didn’t seem to notice anything strange about what I had just said.

            “Let’s go show you the rest of the house.” Sirius led me away from the picture; he made sure that the curtain was yet again covering the picture. “Here is the family tree.” He led me into a room that had a large tree covering all the walls. There were branches that broke off with people’s faces and names. In some places people had been burned off the wall. “That’s where my name was burned off the day I was kicked out. One of the best days in my life.” He pointed to a spot where you could barely see the word Sirius. “There’s where you are.” He moved his hand under where my mother’s face was smiling out at us. Underneath her picture was mine.

            “How did my picture get up there?”

            “It wasn’t up there until people found out who your mother was. A few days after I found out about you, I came in here and saw that you had appeared on the wall. I guess it means you’re truly part of this family and there’s no way of getting out of it.” He pulled me into a hug, one that I was happy to accept. I knew at that moment I was ready for whatever was thrown at me next, but this time I wouldn’t be alone; I’d have everyone I love standing right next to me.