It isn't my real home anymore.

I sat down next to Sara. Our teacher, Miss Fessing started to talk about myths around Pan. I didn’t know if I should say against it. “Peter Pan was a kind, and little boy. He didn’t want to grow up. He found some lost boys and gave them a home. He was their only friend.” Our teacher said. I took my hand up, and was ready to say something. She pointed her finger at me and said “Yes, Melissa?” and putted on a smile. I took down my hand. I got up from my chair, and stood there like I was going to make a speech, which I kind of was. “Peter Pan… is… NOT A MYTH! There I said it!” I shouted and sat down on my chair again. I looked up at Miss Fessing. She looked disappointed. I took my arms in cross and just sat there. I must have sounded like a maniac. They didn’t believe a girl that had been missing for weeks. They wouldn’t believe a girl that had no friends. (Expect Sara though...) Sara leaned over to my ear. “I believe you.” She whispered. We smiled to each other. I mimed a “Thank you” back.

It was break, and I felt like all of my classmates were staring at me. I was glad that I had Sara. “What’s in next class?” I asked and smiled. “Gymnastic.” She replied. I had forgot my gym clothes at home, or actually I hadn’t forgot them, I didn’t even know which classes it were today. The last place I wanted to be right now was school. “I feel a bit sick… I think I’ll go home.” I said. “Okay. Enjoy your trip.” She said and walked away with sadness in her face.

It was really hard to say goodbye to Sara. I just couldn’t be in Manhattan. I didn’t belong here. I belonged in Neverland. I walked in to the living, and sat down in the couch. I saw the TV standing there, for itself. It really hadn’t been touched for a while. Nothing had been touched at all. It was dirty everywhere. Why hadn’t my mom cleaned? She did always clean. I decided to watch some TV, since I hadn’t done it for weeks. It wasn’t many TVs in Neverland. I clicked the ‘ON’ button on the remote control. The TV turned on. It was a cartoon. I was too lazy to change the channel, and too lazy to actually watch the cartoon. I just lay on the couch, thinking. I hoped that the hours went faster, so I could go home. This didn’t feel like my home anymore.